Honda and BMW are two major manufacturers of touring motorcycles across the whole world. Yamaha is also in the race but is somewhere lacking therefore giving opportunities to the above giants. So basically the battle is between these two majors who are technically well established and are extremely successful with their touring series.
Of lately BMW announced of BMW K1600GT which is an acclaimed touring motorcycle and came up as the first to offer the 2012 series but they were unaware that the much more successful Honda Goldwing is on its way to go head on in the respective segment.
The 2012 GL 1800 Goldwing is probably more powerful than any other in its segment and far more advanced technologically than any successful car existing in the Indian automobile market. Infact the picture above explains it all that it is no less than any luxurious sedan.
From May 2011, Honda will start selling the new Goldwing in the US and will reach the UK by the end of the year.
2012 Honda Goldwing Specifications
Engine: 1832cc liquid-cooled Flat Six
Bore & Stroke: 74 x 71mm
Compression Ratio: 9.8:1
Valve Train: SOHC; two valves cylinder head
Ignition: Computer-controlled digital with 3-D mapping
Transmission: Five-speed, plus electric Reverse
Final Drive: Shaft
Front Suspension: 45mm cartridge fork with anti-dive system; 4.8 inches travel
Rear Suspension: Pro Arm single-side swingarm with Pro-Link single shock with computer-controlled spring preload adjustment with two memory presets; 4.1 inches travel
Front Brakes: Dual full-floating 296mm discs with CBS three-piston calipers; optional ABS
Rear Brake: Single ventilated 316mm disc with CBS three-piston caliper; optional ABS
Front Tires: 130/70R-18
Rear Tires: 180/60R-16
Wheelbase: 66.5 inches
Trail: 109mm (4.3 inches)
Seat Height: 29.1 inches
Fuel Capacity: 6.7 gallons
Colors: Pearl White, Candy Red, Ultra Blue Metallic, Black
Curb Weight: 904 – 933 pounds, depending on option packages selected
2012 Honda Goldwing New Features
- Fresh styling cues produce a more integrated appearance along with a sporting edge, adding to the premium touring visage.
- Redesigned fairing adds extra wind protection, especially to the lower body and leg areas.
- Larger saddlebags add approximately 7 liters of additional storage space, upping total capacity to well over 150 liters including the trunk and fairing pockets.
- Handy central storage pocket added to models without airbag.
- Revised suspension settings front and rear yield added compliance for a better ride and more comfort.
- Urethane seat material and cover material give added comfort.
- Re-shaped taillight adds a distinctive appearance and aids visibility.
- Wheels are now clear-coated for easier cleaning and a great, long-lasting look.
- Updated instrumentation styling lends a high-performance touch.
2012 Honda Goldwing Price
The motorcycle has been priced from $23,199 to $28,499 which comes converts to a range between Rs.11.5 Lakh to Rs.14 Lakh.