After a long wait, Kawasaki-Bajaj has finally launched one of its best sports bike in India. The steel monster is called the Kawasaki Ninja ZX-14R. Decorated with curved lines, sharp edges and rounded surfaces especially along the front profile, the bike completely suits the needs of those for those looking for a beautiful and fast bike.
The Kawasaki Ninja ZX-14R will be exclusively available at Kawasaki stores in India, of which there is only one at present, in Wakdewadi, Pune. More Kawasaki stores will be available in major metros in the country soon.
The Kawasaki Ninja ZX-14R is priced at Rs. 16.9 Lakh (ex-showroom Pune)
Kawasaki will only offer the Ninja ZX-14R with a green paint option in India, though it is offered in metallic spark black and candy surf blue paint options in other markets.
The Dimensions of the bike are as follows:
- Length: 2170 mm
- Height: 1170 mm
- Wheelbase 1480 mm
- Ground clearance: 125 mm
- Seat height: 800 mm
- Weight: 268 Kg
Engine and Transmission:
- Engine type: Liquid cooled, 4-stroke, Inline four cylinder
- Displacement: 1441 cc
- Performance figures: 197 BHP @ 10000 rpm / 163 Nm @ 7500 rpm
- Fuel capacity: 22 Litres
- Starter: Electric
- Transmission: 6-speed (one-down, five up pattern)
This engine ahs the same power figure as the Ninja ZX-10R but delivers it at lower RPM, the torque figure though is much higher and helps give it a very strong mid-range.
- Suspension: 117 mm inverted forks at the front, 124 mm single shock at the rear
- Wheel and Tyres: 17-inch wheels front and back, 120 mm wide tyres at the front and 190 mm at the back
- Braking (front): Dual, 310 mm discs with 4-piston caliper.
- Braking (rear): Single, 220 mm discs with 2-piston caliper.
- BMW K1300S (1293cc / 175 BHP / 140 Nm / Rs. 21.75 Lakh, ex-showroom Mumbai)
- Suzuki GSX1300R Hayabusa (1340 cc / 166 BHP /137 Nm / Rs. 15 Lakh, ex-showroom Mumbai)
Just like the ZX-10R, the ZX-14R is the most powerful bike in its category, and slots in between the competition in terms of price.
More Photos Of The Kawasaki Ninja ZX-14R