Volvo India has quietly launched a sportier version of the S60, the 2014 Volvo S60 R-Design, in a bid to inject some life into the sluggish sales of the sedan in our market. The R-Design features a whole bunch of minor cosmetic modifications to the recently updated S60 with some additional equipment offered on the inside as well. Mechanically though, the car remains the same.
The Volvo S60 R-Design is priced at Rs. 40.10 Lakh (ex-showroom Delhi) which is around a couple of lakhs more than the standard model.
- Redesigned front bumper with a low, black honeycomb air dam.
- Blackened grille with an R-Design badge.
- New 18-inch, five-spoke, diamond cut alloys.
- Wing mirrors finished in silver.
- New paint shade – Passion Red.
- Chrome touches on the rear exhaust pipes.
- Prominent diffuser
- New audio system with 10GB storage space.
- Paddle shifters on the steering wheel.
- Sat-nav system.
- Rear view camera.
- Sportier heated front seats.
The Volvo S60 R-Design remains unchanged mechanically with the new 2.0-litre Drive-E engine and a new eight-speed gearbox as seen on the updated S60 sedan. The engine puts out 181 BHP and and peak torque is rated at 400 Nm. The interesting bit about this engine is that Volvo claims it will return a very healthy 25 KMPL thanks to it’s “i-Art” technology. Each fuel injector is monitored and the pressure is continuously adapted per combustion cycle instead of using a single pressure sensor.
Stay tuned for more news on Car Blog India.