New 2016 BMW 7 Series India Price Starts at INR 1.11 Cr.
The 7 Series has been creating quite a buzz in the world car community ever since its launch last year. This segment, which is currently ruled by the Mercedes-Benz S-Class all over the world, is of utmost importance to the manufacturer, which is evident from the years of development they have put into the 2016 BMW 7 Series. The car comes loaded with the new, drool-worthy technology ready to take on arguably the best car in the world. The new 2016 BMW 7 Series India launch took place at the Auto Expo 2016 and you can read on to find out all about new model 2016 BMW 7 Series India debut and other related details.
Also See – Upcoming Cars at Auto Expo 2016
New 2016 BMW 7 Series India Price
- BMW 730Ld Design Pure Excellence : INR 1,11,00,000
- BMW 730Ld M Sport : INR 1,19,00,000
- BMW 730Ld Design Pure Excellence (CBU) : INR 1,40,00,000
- BMW 750Li Design Pure Excellence (CBU) : INR 1,50,00,000
- BMW 750Li M Sport (CBU) : INR 1,55,00,000
New 2016 BMW 7 Series Features & Technology
- Enhanced Driver Experience Control function with four modes; Comfort, Sport, Eco-Pro and a new adaptive mode that monitors driving style.
- Brake energy regeneration and automatic start/stop coupled with a fuel saving coasting function. this function decouples the throttle at speeds between 50 and 160 kph.
- Instrument cluster with 3D graphics and largest head-up display till date seen in a BMW.
- Smartphone holder on the centre console with an inductive charger.
- Laser Lighting
- New iDrive 5.0 infotainment display with touchscreen and hand gestures. However, the familiar iDrive rotary controller is retained for navigation as well. Hand gestures can be used to adjust the volume or receive/reject calls.
- Ambient lighting throughout the cabin that can be customised in an array of colours and brightness levels.
- Remote parking system that uses cameras and radar sensors enabling the car to park itself without any human intervention. Physical presence inside the cabin is not required either.
- Bowers and Wilkins surround sound system.
- Panoramic sunroof with 6 different colour settings.
New 2016 BMW 7 Series Design
The latest generation of the BMW 7 Series takes inspiration from the Vision Future Luxury concept in terms of styling. In profile, the car might look similar to the outgoing model but changes have been made all around. The new, sleeker headlamps now get optional laser lighting. The kidney grille is now larger and more prominent than before. The lower part of the bumper gets some chrome detailing and LED fog lamps. The side features a chrome strip that runs wheel to wheel right below the doors adding a touch of class to an otherwise very simple design. Moving on to the rear, the car features narrower tail lamp with ‘L’ shaped LED detailing and a chrome bar that runs through them across the boot. The dual exhausts get chrome surrounds and the chrome strip on the side continues into the reflector units placed at the bottom of the bumper. At 5,098 mm in length, the new 7 Series is 19 mm longer than the outgoing model and the long wheelbase model gets an additional 139 mm making it longer than the current car by 18 mm.
Like the exterior of the 2016 BMW 7 Series, the interior design has also taken inspiration from the Vision Future Luxury concept. The new dashboard comes wrapped in two-tone leather with wood inserts and brushed aluminium highlights. The instrument cluster is a 3D display rather than conventional dials and the steering wheel has been taken directly from the concept. The rear seats are individually adjustable and can be ordered with individual screens for the infotainment system. There is a new panoramic sunroof that which can be switched between 6 different shades.
New 2016 BMW 7 Series Video
New 2016 BMW 7 Series India – Specifications
In India BMW is offering two engine options in the new 7 Series which include one diesel and one petrol. The diesel 730Ld is powered by a 261 bhp 3.0 litre, 6-cylinder turbo diesel. Powering the 750Li is a 4.4 litre 8 cylinder motor producing 450 hp and 670 Nm. Internationally, the 7 also gets a new 740e plug-in hybrid that uses a new 2.0 litre turbocharged 4-cylinder petrol motor in conjunction with an electric motor mounted within the gearbox good for a combined output of 321 bhp.
|Length x Width x Height||5219x1902x1481 mm|
|Ground Clearance||152 mm|
|Kerb Weight||1950-2035 kg|
|Wheel Type and Size||18-19 inch alloys|
|Engine Type/ Displacement||4.4 L TwinTurbo V8 petrol||3.0 L Straight Six diesel|
|Power||450 bhp||262 bhp|
|Torque||650 Nm||620 Nm|
|Top Speed||250 km/h||250 km/h|
|Acceleration (0-100 km/h)||4.7 s||6.2 s|
|Transmission (Gearbox)||8-speed AT||8-speed AT|
|Mileage||5.8 kmpl||11.1 kmpl|
The 2016 BMW 7 Series new model gets a heavily reworked suspension setup with air springs for the front and the rear. This suspension setup provides constantly variable damping control, automatic self-leveling and the ability to alter ride height on the go. The ground clearance can be raised by 200 mm at the touch of a button if the car is travelling at speeds below 35 kph. In sport mode, ride height is automatically reduced by 10 mm to improve handling. the hydraulically operated roll bars have been replaced by electro-hydraulic roll bars for faster damper reaction time reducing body roll.
The 2016 BMW 7 Series has shed a considerable amount of weight, around 130 kg that is. BMW has been able to achieve this by constructing a chassis using carbon-fibre reinforced plastic, high strength steel and aluminium. Wheel carriers, brake calliper housings, brake disc carriers and rear suspension transverse arms have been made out of aluminium to keep the weight in check.
The production is set to commence on July 1st this year while the sales will only start after its official unveiling during the 2015 Frankfurt Motor Show in September. India launch is unlikely to take place before the start of next year and could also be pushed to the middle of 2016. The 2016 BMW 7 Series will be assembled at the company’s facility in Chennai and will take on the Mercedes-Benz S-Class, Audi A8 L and Jaguar XJ L. The new 7 Series is an important product for the company as well as the customers as the technology showcased present in the 7 Series will trickle down to the future BMW models.
New 2016 BMW 7 Series Official Photos
Stay tuned to Car Blog India for more on the 2016 BMW 7 Series India review and details from 2016 BMW 7 Series India price and launch news.