Audi recently introduced the Audi A8 L model in India at a competitive price of 89 Lakh INR and with no surprise the company recorded appreciable sales figures within a few days after its launch. Continuing the success we move to the ongoing 2011 Geneva Motor Show where it has showcased the Audi A3 Concept which is expected to hit Indian roads by 2014.
Evidently all this tells how serious Audi’s strategies are getting and it will certainly be unacceptable for other majors like Mercedes-Benz and BMW. But its not done as Audi has also come with a high security variant of A8 called as Audi A8 L Security.
This new sedan is equipped with a host of security features in addition to its heavily armored body work. This sounds familiar as Tata had also launched armored models of Range Rover, Discovery and Jaguar XJ and now Audi becomes the second brand to do so.
Audi A8 L Security Specifications & Features
Technically speaking the car will sport the new W12 direct-injected gasoline engine and with its 6.3 Liter displacement the engine churns out a massive peak power of 500BHP and peak torque of 625Nm. It accelerates from 0-100kmph in 7.3 seconds with a limited top speed of 210 km/h. The new model has an improved fuel efficiency of 18 percent over its previous model. The power is transmitted via an eight-speed tiptronic and it features a quattro permanent all-wheel drive.
The Chassis, brake system and electronic system have been redesigned specifically for the increased weight. It comes fitted with standard 19-inch forged wheels featuring a semipolished, two-tone finish. Other important features include:-
- A tire pressure monitoring system
- MMI Navigation plus system
- Audi pre sense safety system combined with Audi side assist lane-changing system
- Park assistance plus with Audi Top View which is a system consisting of four cameras mounted on the car to monitor its surroundings.
- A four-zone climate control system with an ionizer to freshen the air
- Electric rear blinds
- Sonorous Bose surround sound system and a TV tuner
- Optionally installed “relaxation seat” – a widely adjustable right-hand rear seat with a power-adjustable footrest, heating and massage
- Optional features such as a folding table, a refrigerator and a parking heater
High Security Features Include
- A patented emergency exit system
- A fire extinguisher system which is activated via heat sensors or by pushing a button
- An emergency fresh-air system operates with two oxygen cartridges
- Security start – a feature that allows the driver to start the engine remotely via a radio signal
- A smoke extractor for the passenger compartment
- An LED signaling system for convoy travel
- Flashing lights
- A siren
- Professional mobile radio systems
- A flag holder
- A permanently installed telephone
- An accident data recorder
- An additional rearview camera and
- A heated windshield plus
Audi A8 L Security Price In India
Aspiring buyers will have to wait for a few months for its launch in India and expectedly the car will be priced well above Rs.3.5 Crore.