BMW has been recording appreciable sales figures for quite a while and the credit for this rise in sales is shared between BMW 3-Series and BMW 5-Series. As far as the Indian market is concerned the buyers are extremely content with the standard line-up of these highly successful sedans and have hardly explored the higher performance sides of the respective models.
Today BMW launched a performance model of BMW 320d called as BMW 320d Performance Edition which portrays a much brutal, meaner and powerful look. No special engine has been developed for the above, so it still sports the same 2.0 Liter heart but appreciable tuning has been performed to give it a new meaning.
Power and torque is what this special model offers and we bet, once you get your hands on one you won’t feel like getting out of it. As mentioned above the only interesting part about the car is it’s engine and a few unique features besides the standard features being offered with other 3-series models. the unique features include:-
- New Bodykits
- Performance stickers and De-cromed (especially the Kidney Grille)
- Aluminum Dash inserts
Briefly talking you through the car, the improved engine and exterior performance components together produce a maximum power of 184 HP and maximum torque of 380 Nm and give an improved top speed of 232 km/h compared to the regular 320d’s 174 HP and 350 Nm and top speed of 229 km/h.
BMW 320d Performance Edition Specifications & Features In India
- Tyre dimensions front 225/45 R 17
- Tyre dimensions rear 255/45 R 17
- Wheel dimensions front 8 J x 17 alloy
- Wheel dimensions rear 8.5 J x 17 alloy
- Cylinders/valves 4/4
- Capacity in ccm 1,995
- Stroke/bore in mm 90/84
- Max. output (kW/HP/rpm) 135/184/4,000
- Max. torque in Nm rpm 380/1,750-2,750
Weight in kg
- Unladen weight EU 1,430
- Maximum permissible weight 1,950
- Permitted load 520
- Permitted axle load front/rear 925/1,080
- Drag (cw) 0.27
- Top speed (km/h) 233
- Acceleration 0 – 100 km/h (in s) 7.6
- Acceleration 0 – 1,000 m (in s) 28.2
- Urban (l/100 km) 6.8
- Extra-urban (l/100 km) 4.4
- Composite (l/100 km) 5.3
- CO2 emissions (g/km) 140
- Tank capacity in I (approx.) 61
BMW 320d Performance Edition Price In India
The car is priced Rs.2 Lakh more than the regular 320d i.e. approximately Rs.33 Lakh.