BMW X5 M and X6 M Launched in India
Following the launch of the latest generation X6 SUV-Coupe crossover, BMW India has now introduced the performance versions or the M versions of the X5 and X6. These two new products bolster BMW’s M performance portfolio and will, obviously, cater to a very niche market. The German automobile giant recently unveiled a brand new M studio in Mumbai and also launched the facelifted M6 Gran Coupe. Scroll down to find out more about the new BMW X6 M and BMW X5 M India Price, Specs, Features and more.
[box type=”shadow” ]Also See – BMW 5-Series Review[/box]
Being imported to India as CBUs, both M SUVs come with an exorbitant sticker price:
- BMW X5 M : INR 1,55,00,000
- BMW X6 M : INR 1,60,00,000
all prices ex-showroom, New Delhi
The BMW X6 M and X5 M are equipped with a Twin turbo V8 petrol Engine which puts out a maximum power of 575 hp and a peak torque of 750 Nm. The SUVs accelerate from a 0 to 100 km/h in just 4.2 seconds, going up to an electronically limited top speed of 250 km/h.
Transmission duties are handled by an eight-speed M Steptronic transmission with Drivelogic transferring power to all four wheels via the xDrive 4WD system. This highly intelligent setup adapts to the road conditions ensuring optimum traction at all times. The driver can also take over manual control or gear changes using shift paddles.
[box type=”shadow” ]Also See – BMW M6 Gran Coupe[/box]
BMW X5 M
BMW X6 M
Design & Features
To differentiate the two SUVs from their standard, non-M counterparts, BMW has made a whole host of exterior modifications.
- Both cars get a new front bumper with a sportier, trapezoidal air dam.
- The kidney grille features less chrome with M badging
- New alloys
- New rear bumper
- New M performance exhaust
- M badging on the boot
Interiors also get the M treatment
- All black interior
- M steering wheel
- iDrive Touch with handwriting recognition (including a 25.9 cm high-definition colour display)
- BMW Head-Up Display with M View
- 600 Watt 16 speaker high-end Surround Sound system from Harman Kardon
- Eight airbags
- Dynamic Stability Control (DSC) including Dynamic Traction Control (DTC)
- Cornering Brake Control (CBC)
- Hill Descent Control (HDC)
- Anti-lock Braking System (ABS)
- Active Protection with Alertness Assistant
- Side-Impact protection
- Electronic vehicle immobilizer
- Crash sensors
[box type=”shadow” ]Also See – 2015 BMW 1-Series[/box]
Stay tuned for the more on the BMW X6 M and BMW X5 M India Price and other details.