Chevrolet India is going strong with its focus on Indian auto industry getting better. India is fundamentally a price-sensitive economy and it reflects in Automobile sector as well. With Chevrolet Beat going great in sales numbers, Chevrolet has taken another intelligent step by launching Chevrolet AVEO CNG in India.
Chevrolet AVEO CNG Specifications & Features
One of the most important features of the CNG variant of the Chevrolet Aveo is the fully factory fitted CNG kit. Some brands get the kits fitted at dealer’s end, which is not a very good industrial practice. A completely factory fitted and tested kit is always safer and better in terms of performance and quality.
The Chevrolet Aveo CNG is equipped with next-generation computer-controlled CNG injection technology from Italy. In an industry first, all “critical to quality” CNG kit components are fitted at the factory – including the CNG injectors, selector switch, modified wiring and suspension – to ensure high-quality and trouble-free service. In addition, the body is reinforced to carry the additional mass of the cylinder. Sequential injection represents the most advanced level of evolution of CNG kit technology. The ECU (Electronic Controller Unit) calculates the opening times of the injectors for each cylinder and acts separately on each gas injector with the highest precision.
Aveo CNG Benefits include:
1. The sequential injection kit offers precise fuel delivery control through electronic injectors, ensuring efficient combustion.
2. The engine offers stable performance in CNG mode.
3. The Aveo has a CNG-compatible engine. Hardened valve seats and anodized pistons are used in the proven 1.4-litre VGIS (Variable Geometry Intake System) petrol engine. This ensures no engine damage or reliability issues in CNG mode.
4. Minimum service is required owing to the Aveo CNG’s advanced electronic operation.
5. The suspension has been reinforced to support the additional mass of the CNG cylinder in the trunk.
Aveo CNG comes with a standard warranty of 3 years or 1 Lakh Km (whichever is earlier). This shows Chevrolet’s confidence in the performance and reliability of the car. On a full tank of CNG, the car will go about 200 Km.This is a good range with improved availability of CNG.
The running cost of the Aveo is cut by about 54% compared to the other similar petrol cars and about 25% lesser than even the Diesel variants of similar sized cars.
Chevrolet AVEO CNG Price In India
The official announcement has not been made so far regarding the price, but considering the type of CNG kit and quality claims, it is expected that the CNG variant of the Aveo will cost about 60K to 80K Rupees more compared to the corresponding Petrol variants.