General Motors India has announced that they have developed a small CRDI turbo-diesel engine for their Diesel cars to be launched in India. For a long time, the Chevrolet Beat Diesel is awaited in India. A lot of spy pictures of Chevrolet Beat Diesel have been spotted by auto enthusiasts and are being shared on the Internet. General motors India have been able to develop a very appealing small engine in house in collaboration with the GM’s Torino Engineering Center and Indian center.
Chevrolet Beat India Diesel Engine Specifications and Details
Below are the details of the engine which will be fitted in the Chevrolet Beat and other upcoming diesel cars lineup from Chevrolet India.
- Small 1 Litre Engine
- 3 Cylinder light weight engine
- Max Torque of 140Nm @ 1750 RPM
- Low-end peak torque of 100 Nm @1250 Nm
- Best-in-class fuel efficiency and performance for its engine size
- Engine block made of Iron
- Cylinder head of Aluminium
- DOCH – Dual Overhead Cam Shaft
- Lifetime maintenance-free timing chain
- Centrifugal blowby separator filter for lower oil consumption
- Low-noise timing gears
- Balancer shaft for state-of-the-art NVH
- Precisely sized waste-gated turbocharger
The launch is on track and is expected in June 2011. With such amazing torque figures and high-tech modern turbo-charged engine in Beat Diesel, we expect the Beat Diesel to be a tough competition of the small diesel hatchbacks including Tata Indica Vista, Tata Indica EV2, Volkswagen Polo Diesel as well as Maruti Swift Diesel.
We are waiting for the official mileage and power figures to be released. Also the pricing will play an important part in the sales of Beat Diesel. We have already seen that in terms of features and specs, Beat Petrol is one of the best value for money car when it comes to features you get in the Beat petrol. We are waiting to get our hands on the Beat diesel as soon as we get a chance.
check out more-
Get latest updates FREE via email by signing up for our Free Email Newsletter, you can also follow us on Twitter or join our Official Facebook Page. You can catch more action on cars and test drive video reviews on our Official YouTube Channel.