Chevrolet (GM India) has launched the Chevrolet Sail sedan in New Delhi India on 1st Feb 2013 at a lucrative starting price of Rs. 4.99 Lakhs ex-showroom Delhi for the base petrol variant. The base diesel version has been priced at Rs. 6.29 Lakhs. The pricing is very aggressive considering that its not a compact sedan, it’s a full size sedan with powerful engine and comfortable seating and large boot space.
Talking about the features, it does come with lot of comfort features like AC, power steering and front door power windows starting right from the base model of the cars both in petrol and diesel. The pricing of the Sail Sedan in India makes it a very lucrative value proposition in the segment considering it breaches the price bands of sub-4 meter Dzire and offers a full size car with proper boot and interior space.
Detailed Price List
Sail Sedan Petrol Prices ex-showroom Delhi are as follows:
- Sail 1.2 Base model is priced at Rs. 4.99 Lakhs
- Sail 1.2 LS is priced at Rs. 5.49 Lakhs
- Sail 1.2 LS ABS is priced at Rs. 5.70 Lakhs
- Sail 1.2 LT ABS is priced at Rs. 6.41 Lakhs
Sail Sedan Diesel Prices ex-showroom Delhi are as follows:
- Sail 1.3 Base model is priced at Rs. 6.29 Lakhs
- Sail 1.3 LS is priced at Rs. 6.59 Lakhs
- Sail 1.3 LS ABS is priced at Rs. 6.80 Lakhs
- Sail 1.3 LT ABS is priced at Rs. 7.51 Lakhs
Walk Around Video review:
Features and Specifications
The diesel engine is a reliable 1.3 Smarttech which is very similar to what is used in the popular Dzire, Linea etc. The engine has been rated to deliver a mileage of 22KMPL per litre of Diesel as per ARAI. The diesel model delivers a peak power of 78 PS @ 4000 RPM and peak torque of 205 Nm @ 1750 Nm. The torque figures are tremendous at a very low RPM which will help its drivability in city condition.
The Petrol model which is equipped with a 1.2 Litre petrol engine delivers 86 PS @ 6000 RPM and 113 Nm @ 5000 RPM. It delivers a mileage of 18 KMPL as per the ARAI data.
Some of the key features include:
- Alloy wheels on top end models
- Dual tone interiors
- Central stack with metallic finish
- Leather wrapped steering wheel
- Use of chrome on the inside
- Metallic paint AC vents
- Power steering
- Power Windows
- Rear Arm-rest with cup holders
- Integrated Audio system with Radio, MP3 and CD
- Bluetooth with mobile music streaming support
- Phone support with Bluetooth integrated with audio system
- Safe cage construction
- Engine immobilizer
- Keyless entry
- ABD and EBD
- High mounted stop laps
- Fog lamps
It comes with 7 colour options which are:
- Switchblade silver
- Velvet Red
- Misty Lake
- Caviar Black
- Summit White
- Sandrift Beige
- Linen Beige
Check out more new car launches here.
Get latest updates FREE via email by signing up for our Free Email Newsletter, you can also follow us on Twitter or join our Official Facebook Page. You can catch more action on cars and test drive video reviews on our Official YouTube Channel.