It was much in talks that Ducati will soon be revealing a low cost sports bike for the emerging Asian markets and at last they have done so. Ducati has unveiled the Ducati Monster 795, an affordable bike specially designed for markets like ours and the neighboring ones. The bike is the first Ducati to have been launched outside Europe and focuses on the potential of all the markets covered in Asia to absorb such performance bikes.
As per the official website of the bike, it is already available in some of the important countries like India, Thailand, China, Hong Kong, Indonesia, Malaysia, Philippines, Vietnam and Singapore. But we all know that 795 has not been announced in India yet otherwise we would have brought the price for you.
The 795 is a perfect incorporation of looks and characteristics of the 695 and 796. Benefits come along with the localization of the bike in Thailand which would account for a lower price tag in the nearby markets. Reason being that global manufacturers like Honda and Triumph already have their bikes getting assembled in Thailand, Ducati also chose the same place for its latest Monster. As per the information available important components including the engine will be delivered by Ducati whereas the not so important parts will be locally manufactured.
Now talking about the bike only, the looks are very much inspired by the 796 which include the entire front, fuel tank and exhaust system. The new bike sits 30 mm lower than the closest sibling 796 meaning that short height riders will feel more confident while riding it.
The most important part, the engine, is a 803 cc L-Twin cylinder, 2 valve per cylinder Desmodromic, air cooled one capable of producing 86 BHP @ 8250 RPM of max power and peak torque of 78 Nm @ 6250 RPM. A 6 speed transmission is coupled with the above unit. The bike comes with optional ABS and complies with the Euro 3 norms.
Ducati Monster 795 Technical Specifications
- Frame: Tubular chrome moly steel trellis, casted aluminium subframe
- Wheelbase: 1450 mm (57.1in)
- Rake: 24°
- Rear swingarm: Double sides swingarm
- Front suspension: Marzocchi 43mm upside-down forks
- Front wheel travel: 120mm (4.7in)
- Front wheel: 3-spoke light alloy 3.50 x 17
- Front tyre: 120/60 ZR 17 Pirelli Angel ST
- Rear suspension: Progressive linkage with preload and rebound Sachs adjustable monoshock
- Rear wheel travel: 148mm (5.8in)
- Rear wheel: 3-spoke light alloy 4.50 x 17
- Rear tyre: 160/60 ZR 17 Pirelli Angel ST
- Front brake: 2 x 320mm discs, 4-piston radial calliper
- Rear brake: 245mm disc, 2-piston calliper
- Fuel tank capacity: 15 l (3.8 US gal) / 13,5 l (3.6 US gal) ABS version
- Dry weight: 167kg / 169 kg ABS version
- Instruments: Digital unit displaying – Speedometer, rev counter, time, scheduled maintenance warning, oil temperature, trip fuel, lap time, warning light for low oil pressure, fuel level, fuel reserve, neutral, turn signals, overrev, immobilizer. Ready for DDA system.
- Warranty: 2 years unlimited mileage
- Body colour (frame/wheel): Red (red / black) – Arctic white silk (red / black) – Diamond black silk (red / black)
- Versions: Dual seat
- Seat height: 770mm (30.3in)
- Type: L-Twin cylinder, 2 valve per cylinder Desmodromic, air cooled
- Displacement: 803cc
- Bore x Stroke: 88 x 66mm
- Compression Ratio: 11:01
- Power: 86 BHP @ 8250 rpm
- Torque: 78 Nm @ 6250 rpm
- Fuel injection: Siemens electronic fuel injection, 45mm throttle body with stepper motor
- Exhaust: Lightweight 2-1-2 system with catalytic converter and twin lambda probes
- Gearbox: 6-speed
- Ratio: 1=32/13 2=30/18 3=28/21 4=26/23 5=22/22 6=24/26
- Primary drive: Straight cut gears; Ratio 1.85:1
- Final drive: Chain; Front sprocket 15; Rear sprocket 39
- Clutch: APTC wet multiplate with hydraulic control
- Red (red / black)
- Arctic white silk (red / black)
- Diamond black silk (red / black)
check out more-