Just a few days ago, one of the two ‘prospective new bike launches’ from Bajaj Auto, the new fully faired Bajaj Pulsar 200 was caught testing on the National Highway 4, outside Kolhapur, Maharashtra. The company has stated plans to launch two new ‘super sport bikes’ by the end of 2013, the interest in this spied bike has grown further.
This is going to be the first fully faired sports bike from Bajaj. Although the spied bike was completely camouflaged, we can make out a few things from the photo. The bike sported split seats, the new alloy wheel design, a compact instrument console area and new clip-on handlebars. The person who took the spy shot reports that the bike featured better designed switchgear then the current crop of bikes from Bajaj, which themselves have pretty good quality ones on them. The Bajaj Pulsar 200 NS was a beautiful bike to look at, the faired version looks like it will not disappoint.
Updated on 13th November 2013
The upcoming fully faired Bajaj Pulsar has been spied again, and these are the best images you can find online yet . Check them out below:
The photo and statement from the spy photographer, Mr. Nitin Aggarwal, gives us a pretty good idea of what to expect of the new bike when it is launched:
- The engine will be the same 199.3cc unit used on the 200NS, but will receive fuel-injection
- Power and torque figures are expected to rise slightly, 23-24 BHP and about 18 Nm
- A six-speed transmission will be on offer
- The bike has a sport-tourer design, with full-fairing, upright seating position, tall clip-on handlebars, split seats, fairing mounted RVMs and tall windshield.
- The tyres on this mule are the same as the 200NS, 100mm section tyre at the front and 130mm section at the rear.
- The bike may get ABS as an option, or the company may surprise us and offer it as standard
It is expected that Bajaj will launch the bike in early 2014, probably during or before the 2014 Indian Auto Expo.
Updated on 30th October 2013
The new Bajaj Pulsar will also boroow a lot of kit from the Pulsar 200 NS, it is expected receive a polished version of the 199.5cc, liquid-cooled, single-cylinder, four-stroke engine that powers the 200 NS. This engine will generate the maximum power of 23 BHP and a maximum torque of 18.3 Nm respectively. The new super bike bike will supposedly function on a six-speed close-ratio gearbox, an exposed drive chain and a new and funky looking exhaust system. The front damping duties will be handled by telescopic forks while you find will find mono-shock rear suspension. Single-disc brakes would handle braking duties.
When launched, the faired Pulsar 200 will take on the Hero Karizma and Karizma ZMR, the Honda CB150R and CB250R and the Yamaha YZF-R15 V2.0.
What do you think of the bike? Let us know in the comments below.
Story and Photo Courtesy: Autocar India