Fiat’s very successful global model Fiat Palio has already become almost extinct in Indian market and other global markets as well but if you think the brand has stopped working on the same then you are wrong. Fiat has been sincerely working on Palio and has been able to give it a new look and characteristics.
In the month of October we covered a news where 2012 Palio was spied in Brazil and to an extent we brought you most of the visual details of the new model. But yesterday Fiat officially revealed the pictures and details of the eagerly awaited 2012 Fiat Palio.
image – Fiat Palio 2012 Front
The car has arrived in Brazil and is said to be in perfect harmony with the customers’ expectations. The looks now are very sporty bringing its strong personality out. The looks have been transformed to a great extent eventually leaving the new model longer, wider and higher and it also gets a longer wheelbase. The dimensions now stand at 31 mm in width, 60 mm in height, 28 mm in length, and 47.3 mm in wheelbase.
image – Fiat Palio 2012 Rear
Fiat Palio 2012 New Model Video
Fiat Palio 2012 New Model Features and Specifications
As far as the Brazilian market is concerned it will launched in six versions, with three engine options, two transmissions and three finishes. Some of the new features of the 2012 below are as below:
- Thermal windshield, not present in any competitor;
- Lateral airbags;
- Leather steering wheel with radio controls;
- Butterfly-type gearshift switch on steering wheel,
- Cruise Control;
- Logo Push (electric opening system of the trunk);
- Green tires;
- Switchblade key with remote control;
- Anti-theft wheel bolts;
- Customization streaks and several other items.
image – Fiat Palio 2012 Side
The body weight of the car has been reduced by 15 % along with an increase in rigidity and safety performance. The Palio now comes equipped with four airbags, ABS and EBD. Fiat has also installed a completely new suspension for more comfort in all sorts of driving conditions.
Coming to the engines, the Palio will be offered with three different engines: 1.0 Fire EVO, EVO Fire 1.4 16v and 1.6 E.torQ Flex.
- The Fire 1.0 EVO, running on gasoline, produces a maximum power of 73 BHP and peak torque of 9.5 Nm @ 3850 RPM.
- The EVO Fire 1.4 is already offered with some of the ongoing models and produces 85 BHP of max power and 12.4 Nm of max torque at 3500 RPM.
- The Essence and Sporting top end variants sport the 1.6 L EtorQ Flex develops 115 BHP and 16.8 kgfm of torque at 4500 RPM.
image – Fiat Palio 2012 Interiors
The car as mentioned above, will be available in six versions to suit everybody’s pocket and they are as follows:
- Attractive 1.0
- Attractive 1.4
- Essence 1.6 16V
- Essence1.6 16V Dualogic
- Sporting 1.6 16V
- Sporting 1.6 16VDualogic
Other features of 2012 Fiat Palio are as follows:
- Lateral and frontal airbags
- ABS brakes
- Leather steering wheel with radio controls
- Gear-shift butterfly-type switch on the wheel
- Twilight and rain sensors
- Cruise control
- Windshield heater
- CD player with MP3 and iPod/USB inputs
- Fog lamps
- Rear hatch Logo push
- Switchblade key with remote control
The cost is yet to be disclosed by the brand. Now the car seems very promising but we have to wait till it gets launched in our market. Stay tuned for more updates on the 2012 Palio.
via – NetCarShow
check out more-