Ford Figo Aspire Sedan India launched. Actor Farhan Akhtar Is Brand Ambassador
Ford previewed the Ford Figo Aspire sedan through the Figo Concept back in 2014 and the new model has been developed keeping in mind markets such as that of India and Brazil. The Ford Figo Aspire Sedan India launch took place at an event in New Delhi which means that the highly anticipated model comes to us ahead of its hatchback sibling. (Also See- New Ford Figo India Launch Details). The Ford Figo Aspire is closely modelled on the Ford Ka hatchback concept and is Ford India’s contender in the less-than-4-metres compact sedan category. In India, the Ford Figo Aspire Sedan will be sold alongside the Ford Classic and will find itself locking horns with the likes of Maruti Swift Dzire, Hyundai Xcent, Tata Zest and the Honda Amaze.
[box type=”shadow” ]Also See – Ford Figo Aspire Pre-Launch Report[/box]
Pics From Preview
Ford India recently previewed the car at select locations around the city. Here are few pics from the car’s showcase in Gurgaon.
[box type=”shadow” ]Also See – Ford Figo Aspire vs Maruti Dzire vs Honda Amaze vs Hyundai Xcent vs Tata Zest[/box]
Like we mentioned above, the Ford Figo sedan India launch took place at an official event in New Delhi. Bookings for this model have been underway since some days now and the new car can be booked at any Ford India dealership for an amount of INR 30,000.
The Ford Figo Aspire price starts at INR 4,89,990 (ex-showroom, New Delhi) for the base Ambiente Petrol and INR 5,89,990 (ex-showroom, New Delhi) for the base Ambiente diesel.
|1.2 L Ti-VCT Petrol||INR 4,89,990||INR 5,76,990||INR 6,69,990||INR 7,24,990|
|1.5 L TDCi Diesel||INR 5,89,990||INR 6,76,990||INR 7,69,990||INR 8,24,990|
|1.5 L Ti-VCT Petrol (AT)||INR 7,79,990|
The Ford Figo Aspire is essentially a shortened version of the Ka+ sedan sold in South American markets. It is easily one of the better looking compact sedans out there which should help pull in buyers. The front part of the Figo Aspire is the most striking aspect of the design.
[box type=”info” width=”720″ ]Check out 2015 Ford Figo sedan spy shots[/box]
The design of the Ford Figo concept derives heavily from the Ford Ka hatchback concept showcased in Brazil in 2013. It’s no surprise as this is essentially the Ford Ka with a boot. The good thing about this design though is that everything jells nicely, and the car looks seamless. We can go ahead and confidently call it smart too, Ford’s ‘Kinetic’ design theory really works it’s magic on this car. Some design elements on the car include:
- Trapezoidal grille, a signature element of Ford’s Kinetic design theme
- Swept back headlamps
- 8-spoke alloy wheels
- Indicator integrated ORVM covers
- Large doors with a huge glass-area
- Shark-fin radio antenna
- Boomerang shaped rear-taillight design
- Silver diffuser on the rear bumper
[box type=”info” width=”720″ ]You can read about the Ford Ka hatchback concept here[/box]
The variant-wise features list is as follows:
- Ambiente– Rear fog lamps, fabric upholstery, 14 inch steel wheels, 12 V power outlet, follow-me home headlamps, manual aircon, front power windows, dual airbags, remote locking, tilt adjust steering.
- Trend (In addition to the above)- Front fog lamps, fabric door inserts, rear centre armrest, steering mounted controls, electrically adjustable wing mirrors, rear power windows, my Ford Dock, stereo with AUX, USB and Bluetooth.
- Titanium (In addition to the above)- Rear defogger, climate control, driver seat height adjust, ESP, traction control, hill start assist, seatbelt reminder and height adjust, 14 inch alloy wheels.
- Titanium+ (In addition to the above)- leather seats, CD/MP3 player, 4.2 inch multifunction display, Ford SYNC with voice command, Ford MYKEY, side and curtain airbags
Performance and Specs
Ford has been known for creating some of the best driver’s cars in India. And the Ford Figo sedan does not disappoint in that segment either. The car gets three engine options- 1.2 litre petrol, 1.5 litre petrol and 1.5 litre diesel. The 1.5 litre petrol unit gets a 6-speed dual clutch automatic, a first in its class.
|Type||1.2 L Petrol||1.5 L Petrol||1.5 L Diesel|
|Power||86.8 bhp||110.5 bhp||98.6 bhp|
|Torque||112 Nm||136.3 Nm||215 Nm|
|Transmission||5-speed manual||6-speed automatic||5-speed manual|
|Mileage||18.6 kpl||17 kpl||25.83 kpl|
Ford India is betting big on their upcoming compact sedan. Umashankar PK, Vice President, Customer Service Operations, Ford India, has told The Hindu BusinessLine that his company expects the Figo Aspire to generate more interest than even the Figo and EcoSport.
Stay tuned to Car Blog India for more Ford Figo Aspire Sedan India launch details.