Toyota Kirloskar has been busy for quite a while now with its new small car Toyota Etios Liva and has already made clear that for the moment they will be marketing Liva only and have no new launches in the pipeline. As usual manufacturers don’t reveal their future plans that easily and to find their secrets we keep our eyes on the nearby markets.
Toyota Fortuner which is the one man army for Toyota in the SUV segment has got a facelift and the pictures of the very model are there on the Toyota website in Thailand. This is the same model which will be heading towards the Indian automobile market as well.
As explained by the picture and the website, the car will only feature cosmetic changes and nothing has been changed from the technical point of view. Under the hood it gets the same 3.0 Liter CRDI diesel engine with intercooler turbocharger but the interiors and the exteriors changeover and praiseworthy and the improvements are as follows:
- Starting with the front-end, the car now gets a more elegant chrome finished grille which replaces the old brushed aluminum one.
- On the fender, the fog lamps now get a newly styled housing and new position.
- The bonnet of the car has a new scoop with three four vents as compared the two in the current model
- Scuff plate placed under the bumper
- The most noticeable Prado-style headlight with High intensity Discharge lamps
- On the rear, new rectangular reflectors along with a restyled scuff plate
- A V-shaped Split tail light
- A chrome strip with Fortuner carved on it connects the tail lights on either side
- The Fortuner badge replaced from under the tail lamp by the engine technology
- Jumping into the car, the interiors look more luxurious now with wood inserts having dark grey finish
- Steering mounted controls have been repositioned so that they could be conveniently accessed by the driver’s thumb
Repeating what we mentioned above, the company is in no mood to launch any facelifts of the Toyota Innova or Toyota Fortuner but since the car is out in Thailand, it could be expected by year end or before mind 2012. We can only make assumptions on its launch but we are sure when it hits the market, the popularity of the car will gain more height.
check out more-