A month back in June we brought to you a news about the future two wheeler plans of Hero MotoCorp, consisting of a dirt bike, a 110 CC commuter bike and a 125 CC executive bike. The element of surprise came in on August 1, when the same dirt bike was spotted testing, while a complete camouflage covered the whole body without giving any idea of its identity.
Going over the overall design and proportions, experts are speculating the bike to be Honda NXR 150 Bros which is currently being sold in various countries.
Presently it is extremely popular in Brazilian market where the existing model is offered with an engine capable enough to run on ethanol and gasoline. The 2011 model is slated for its launch, in the same market, in October 2011 and the same new model is expected in India but at a later time.
Some of the notable attributes of the bike include easy handling, rugged built, great performance and low maintenance, making it a favorite among the customers in Brazil.
Technically speaking the bike is equipped with a 149.2 CC single cylinder OHC engine, capable of producing 13.8 BHP of maximum power and peak torque of 13.6 Nm. The PGM-FI, fuel injection system which is tuned to run ethanol and gasoline both, will be retuned to suit the Indian market. Instrument cluster has features like fuel gauge, odo, trip, turn signal indicators, high beam indicators and warning lights for Fuel Injection malfunction.
The India specific model is going over a makeover with changes being done over the saree guard, RVMs and rear mudguards.
Hero MotoCorp Dirt Bike – Honda NXR 150 Bros Technical Specifications
- Engine 149.2cc OHC, single cylinder, 4 stroke, air cooled
- Maximum Power 13.8 hp at 8,000 rpm
- Maximum Torque 13.6 Nm at 6,000 rpm
- Compression Ratio 9.5: 1
- Battery 12V – 5Ah (ES and ESD versions)
- Lights 32/32W
- Fuel Tank 12 liters (2.3 liters reserve)
- Engine Oil 1.2 liters
- Transmission 5-speed
- Clutch Multi oil bath
- Lubrication System Forced by pump trochoidal
- Front Suspension Telescopic fork with 180 mm stroke
- Rear Suspension Mono-shock with 150 mm stroke
- Brake Front 240 mm in diameter (ESD version)
- Rear brake drum with 110 mm diameter
- Front Tire 90/90-19M/C 52P
- Rear Tire 110/90-17M/C 60P
- Seat Height 830 mm
- Minimum ground clearance 244 mm
- Dimensions (L x W x H) 2036 X 1138 X 810 mm
- Wheelbase 1353 mm
- Dry Weight 119.1 kg (ESD version)
- Colors Black, red and orange