The Hyundai Creta prices increased by up to INR 20,000
The Hyundai Creta is perhaps one of the most talked about newly launched cars in the Indian car market and for good reason. As with all cars from Hyundai, the Creta comes loaded with features and since there are no major differences between the international version and the one that has gone on sale in India, it is safe to say that the Creta is a world class product. The Hyundai Creta has commanded a rather high waiting period right from the day it has stepped into our car market. However, this waiting period has seen a significant dip in recent days and this should be pretty encouraging for all the prospective buyers who have been put off by the high waiting period. We have come up with all the details you need to know about the Hyundai Creta compact SUV in this post here.
[box type=”shadow” ]Also See – Hyundai Creta First Drive Review[/box]
Hyundai Creta Bookings and Waiting Period
Bookings for the Creta were opened on June 20 this year and so far, the manufacturer has received an overwhelming response from small SUV buyers. The waiting period for certain variants of the new Hyundai Creta SUV have now reduced to 3 months from 6 months earlier. Most of the petrol variants can be delivered even within a matter of few dates now. Hyundai India has received a very favorable response to the automatic variant, which is being said to command a higher waiting period than the manual transmission equipped models.
Hyundai Creta Video Review
[box type=”shadow” ]Also See – Hyundai Creta vs Rivals: Duster, EcoSport, Scorpio, S-Cross[/box]
Pricing of the Hyundai Creta is likely to be similar to its chief competitor, the Renault Duster. Variant-wise ex-showroom, New Delhi pricing for the Hyundai Creta is as follows:
1.6 L Petrol
- Base: INR 8.69 lakhs
- S: INR 9.67 lakhs
- SX+: INR 11.29 lakhs
1.4 L Diesel
- Base: INR 9.56 lakhs
- S: INR 10.52 lakhs
- S+: INR 11.55 lakhs
1.6 L Diesel
- SX: INR 11.79 lakhs
- SX+: INR 12.77 lakhs
- SX(O): INR 13.80 lakhs
- SX+ AT: INR 13.77 lakhs
[box type=”shadow” ]Hyundai ix25 Pre-Launch Report[/box]
Hyundai Creta Pics
(Click on thumbnails for enlarged view)
[box type=”shadow” ]Also See- Hyundai Creta vs Maruti S-Cross[/box]
Hyundai Creta Design
The design of the Creta is very masculine with a large hexagonal grille up front flanked by sharp headlamps which could come with LED Daytime running lamps. The side is characterized by a rising window line and a thick C-pillar. The Hyundai Creta version sold in China pictured below will give you a fair idea of how the Indian version would look like.
The new model has gone on sale in four trims – Base, S, SX, and SX(O). Here’s a list of important features that the Creta comes with –
- Engine Start/Stop
- Auto aircon
- Projector headlamps
- LED DRLs
- Flexible seating
- Steering-mounted audio controls
- Leather seats
- 5″ Touchscreen audio system with advanced telephony options and navigation
- Electric folding ORVMs
- Dual airbags + side and curtain airbags
- Rear AC vents
- Reverse parking camera
- 3 year/Unlimited Kilometre warranty
[box type=”shadow” ]Also See – Hyundai Creta – Overview[/box]
The interior of the Creta follows a black-beige theme and the car is sufficiently premium on the inside. The design language of the interior ensures that the cabin of the Creta has a family look even on the inside.
Hyundai ix25 Teaser Video
- The Hyundai Creta compact SUV gets a 1.6-litre Dual VTVT petrol, and 1.6- & 1.4-litre Diesel motors. While the petrol motor produces a peak power of 123 PS, the 1.6 Diesel churns out 128 PS. All the three motors will come mated to a 6-Speed Manual Transmission. The bigger Diesel engine will also get a 6-Speed Auto.
- There is also a 1.4 litre diesel on offer which produces a peak power of 90 PS.
- The SUV shares its platform with the Hyundai Elite i20, but in international markets, it is not a sub 4 meter model. Internationally, the car measures 4270 mm in length and has a wheelbase of 2590 mm. It has a width and height of 1780 mm and 1630 mm respectively. The car boasts of 200 mm of ground clearance.
- Although the buyers of Hyundai ix25 get a choice of ordering this Compact SUV with AWD, India will miss out on this option. It could happen sometime in the future, but surely not at the time of the launch.
- 1.6 L Petrol– 15.29 kmpl
- 1.6 L Diesel– 19.67 kmpl (manual), 17.01 kmpl (Automatic)
- 1.4 L Diesel– 21.38 kmpl
Hyundai ix25 Spy Pics
Here is a handful of Hyundai Creta spy pics that were taken at a Hyundai India dealership recently –
The Hyundai Creta looks like a very promising SUV competent enough to take on the likes of the Renault Duster and Nissan Terrano. However, pricing would be very crucial as higher trim levels would have to compete with the Mahindra Scorpio and Tata Safari Storme, both of which offer 7 seats and 4-wheel drive.
Stay tuned to Car Blog India and watch this space for more on the Hyundai ix25/Creta and information about the upcoming Hyundai compact SUV in India 2015.