Kawasaki Ninja H2 is expected to be launched in India soon in first quarter of 2015. This machine, claimed to be the world’s only supercharged street bike looks all set to hit the Indian roads. This street bike is powered by Liquid-cooled, 4-stroke in-line 998 cc engine producing 200 PS maximum power at 11,000 rpm and 113.5 Nm of peak torque at 10,500 rpm, mated to a 6 speed transmission. This supercharged supersport class motorcycle was revealed at 2014 EICMA show. The supercharger design of the bike produces less heat than the other designs. Constructed with carbon fibre, the weight of the bike remains low.
This bike will come equipped with Kawasaki Launch Control (KLCM) , Kawasaki Engine Brake Control (KEBC), Kawasaki Quick Shifter (KQS), Kawasaki Intelligent ABS (KIBS) and Kawasaki Traction Control (KTRC). The KTRC has three modes, Mode 1 is for maximum acceleration, Mode 2 is tailored for maximum performance and Mode 3 is optimized for rainy conditions. These modes can be programmed by the rider and this system can also be turned off. This beast gets red coloured LED tail lights and indicators. It also comes equipped with innovative features like digital speedometer, boost indicator, fuel consumption, odometer and gear indicator.
It also comes with Ohlins electronic steering damper which has the capability of adjusting damping according to the number of inputs. In order to provide optimum performance, it decreases the dampening as the speed decreases and increases the dampening with the increase in speed.
Specifications of Kawasaki Ninja H2
- Type: Liquid-cooled, 4-stroke in-line
- Displacement: 998 cc
- Bore x Stroke: 76.0 x 55.0 mm
- Transmission: 6-speed, return, dog-ring
- Compression ratio: 8.5:1
- Ignition: Digital
- Final Drive: Chain
- Front Suspension: 43 mm inverted fork
- Rear Suspension: NEW Uni-Trak
- Front Tyre: 120/70 ZR17 M/C (58W)
- Rear Tyre: 200/55 ZR17 M/C (78W)
- Front Brakes: Dual radial-mount, opposed 4-piston calipers, dual semi-floating 330mm discs, KIBS ABS
- Rear Brakes: Opposed 2-piston calipers, single 250mm disc, KIBS ABS
- Cooling System: Water-cooled
- Frame Type: Trellis, high-tensile steel, with swingarm mounting plate
- Rake/Trail: 24.5 degrees / 4.1 in
- Length: 82.1 in
- Width: 30.3 in
- Height: 44.3 in
- Wheelbase: 57.3 in
- Ground Clearance: 5.1 in
- Seat Height: 32.5 in
- Lubrication: Forced lubrication, wet sump with oil cooler
- Curb Weight: 524.8 lb
- Fuel Capacity: 4.5 gal
It is designed to deliver high efficiency and high engine output. This high performance superbike will compete with Yamaha YZF-R1 and Suzuki GSXR-1000.
Price & Availability
Bike enthusiasts now have a reason to be excited with the expected arrival of this bike to India. Designed for the streets, this monster machine Ninja H2 is expected to be available in India in first quarter of 2015 at a price tag of around Rs 26 lakh (ex-showroom).