The new Honda Jazz is a hatchback with great potential and for its second stint in India the Japanese car maker seems to have done everything possible to ensure the Jazz is worthy of the top spot in the in the premium hatchback space. Launching the current Honda City with a diesel engine option worked wonders for the sedan and Honda will be hoping to emulate the City’s success by using the same strategy for the Jazz. The new Honda Jazz is much more than just the new diesel engine and pocket-friendly pricing. The design, features, specifications, etc; there is just so much to talk about. In this post, we will take you through the New 2015 Honda Jazz Images, Interiors, Features, Specs, Price in detail.
[box type=”shadow” ]Also See – New Honda Jazz Launch Report[/box]
The latest generation is instantly recognisable as the Jazz owing to its van-like silhouette, a characteristic trait of the car across generations. Up front, there are hints of the Honda City in the horizontal headlamps and thick black slab in the grille area which houses the Honda insignia.
[box type=”shadow” ]Also See – Honda Jazz: All You Need to Know![/box]
As we mentioned earlier, the side profile is a bit van-like with a single strong character line which breaks the monotony and reduces some of the bulk. The optional alloy wheels look much better than the standard ones. The side mounted ORVMs get integrated turn signals.
The back gets LED tail lamps along with a rear spoiler and chrome garnish above the number plate. The rear bumper gets black inserts similar to the front bumper.
[box type=”shadow” ]Also See – Honda Jazz Design Review[/box]
The dashboard is all black with silver inserts and all variants, barring the top-spec VX, get beige upholstery. The VX trim gets all black interiors which look much classier than the beige. The top-spec trims get a touchscreen infotainment system and touchscreen panel for the climate control. The instrument cluster gets blue lighting and a digital multi-information display.
[box type=”shadow” ]Also See – Honda Jazz Old vs New[/box]
The new Honda Jazz comes loaded with features:
- 5 inch integrated audio with iPod connectivity and USB and Bluetooth support
- 6.2 inch touchscreen audio system with DVD playback, navigation and reverse camera display
- Touchscreen Panel for climate control
- Dual front airbags
- Cooled driver side cup holder
- Multi-function steering wheel
- Reversing camera
- Magic seats with four unique modes- Utility mode, long mode, tall mode and refresh mode.
- Reclining back seats
- Seven colours- Sunset orange, Carnelian Red Pearl, Urban Titanium Metallic, Alabaster Silver Metallic, Tafetta White, Golden Brown Metallic, White Orchid Pearl.
[box type=”shadow” ]Also See – Honda Jazz vs Hyundai Elite i20 vs Volkswagen Polo[/box]
- 1.5 litre diesel engine with 100 PS power and 200 Nm torque mated to a 6-speed transmission. Best in class mileage of 27.3 kpl
- 1.2 litre petrol engine with 90 PS power and 110 Nm of torque mated to a 5-speed manual or CVT with paddle shifters. CVT mileage 19 kpl and manual mileage 18.7 kpl.
|E||INR 5.30 lakhs||INR 6.49 lakhs|
|S||INR 5.94 lakhs||INR 7.14 lakhs|
|SV||INR 6.44 lakhs||INR 7.64 lakhs|
|V||INR 6.79 lakhs||INR 8.09 lakhs|
|VX||INR 7.29 lakhs||INR 8.59 lakhs|
|S CVT||INR 6.99 lakhs||–|
|V CVT||INR 7.85 lakhs||–|
all prices ex-showroom, New Delhi
Stay tuned to CarBlogIndia for more on the new 2015 Honda Jazz and other automotive news.