The Honda Jazz was always a very good car, but it was a bit ahead of its time. Our market just wasn’t ready for a large hatchback that was slightly on the expensive side. Plus, the fact that it did not come with a diesel option made things worse for the Jazz. Dwindling sales, although they never really picked up, meant that Honda had to pull the plug on the Jazz eventually. However, things have changed now. The average Indian car buyer has matured, large hatchbacks like the Hyundai Elite i20 are gaining popularity and Honda has also done its homework. The result is a car that retains all the good qualities of the previous Jazz at a much cheaper starting price and with a diesel option. Read on to find out all that is there to know about the new model Honda Jazz 2015 including the price, images, specification, features and other details.
[box type=”shadow” ]Also see – Honda Jazz Launch Report[/box]
The new model Honda Jazz 2015 will start from INR 5.3 lakhs (ex-showroom, New Delhi) and go all the way upto INR 8.59 lakhs for the top spec diesel.
|E||INR 5.30 lakhs||INR 6.49 lakhs|
|S||INR 5.94 lakhs||INR 7.14 lakhs|
|SV||INR 6.44 lakhs||INR 7.64 lakhs|
|V||INR 6.79 lakhs||INR 8.09 lakhs|
|VX||INR 7.29 lakhs||INR 8.59 lakhs|
|S CVT||INR 6.99 lakhs||–|
|V CVT||INR 7.85 lakhs||–|
[box type=”shadow” ]Also See- New Honda Jazz vs Hyundai Elite i20 vs Volkswagen Polo[/box]
The launch will take place at an event in Delhi tomorrow. Honda has already begun its promotional campaign and you can check out the teaser video below.
Unlike the previous gen Honda Jazz, the new one will come with both petrol and diesel engine options. Both engines will be borrowed from the Amaze sedan:
- 1.2 litre iVTEC Petrol which produces 90PS power and 110Nm torque.
- 1.5 litre iDTEC diesel which produces 100PS power and 200Nm torque.
The diesel motor returns a class-leading fuel efficiency of 27.3 kmpl. As far as the transmission options are concerned, the new model Honda Jazz 2015 will get a choice of a 5-speed manual or a CVT transmission. The latter will be available only with the petrol version.
- E– Power windows (all four), tilt adjustment for steering, lane change indicator, LED tail lamps, average fuel consumption indicator, driver side seatbelt reminder.
- S(over and above the E variant)- ABS+EBD, gear change indicator (CVT), body coloured door handled and ORVMs, gloss black + chrome front grille, audio system, steering mounted audio controls, Bluetooth connectivity for cell phones, electrically adjustable ORVMs, driver seat height adjust, central locking.
- SV(over and above the S variant)- dual front airbags, rear parking camera, fog lamps, 12.7 inch display for infotainment system, gloss finish for centre console, Bluetooth controls on steering wheel, instantaneous fuel consumption display, beige upholstery, speed volume compensation.
- V(over and above the SV variant)- Alloy wheels, rear wiper+washer, turn indicators on ORVMs, leather-wrapped steering wheel and gear knob, climate control with touch sensitive buttons, electric folding for ORVMs, paddle shifters for CVT.
- VX(over and above the V variant)- 6 inch touchscreen infotainment system with DVD and navigation, rear spoiler, black upholstery, adjustable rear headrests, magic seats with 60:40 split, reclining rear seats.
- Colours Available– Sunset Orange, Urban Titanium Metallic, Carnelian Red Pearl, Orchid White Pearl, Tafetta White, Golden Brown Metallic, Alabaster Silver Metallic.
Here’s another pre-launch TVC of the new Jazz –
Based on the same platform as the highly successful current generation Honda City, the Jazz also looks good from most angles and carries the minivan-like shape well. First impressions of the new Jazz suggest that Honda has another winner on its hands. The only trouble with the old Honda Jazz was the price and lack of a diesel option, both issues have been addressed by Honda with the new model Honda Jazz 2015 and the car looks all set to give the Hyundai Elite i20 some stiff competition. And there is also the upcoming premium hatchback from Maruti to contend with.
Stay tuned to Car Blog India for more on the new model Honda Jazz 2015 and other automobile news.