Nissan India has launched its first MPV for India called the Nissan Evalia which is powered by the tried and tested versatile 1.5 Litre dCi CRDI Diesel engine from Renault’s stable which powers numerous cars including Nissan Micra, Sunny, Renault Duster, Fluence, Mahindra Verito to name a few. The Evalia is a spacious MPV with rather simple exteriors and interiors but offers oodles of space for 7 adults and luggage behind the third row of seats. In this article, we share with you all the details of Nissan Evalia in India including the detailed specifications, features, variants, pricing etc.
Nissan Evalia Exteriors, Interiors And Features Video Review
Nissan Evalia MPV Variants and Price In India
Nissan Evalia is available only with diesel engine option and comes in 4 different variants. The Variant lineup includes base variant Evalia XE followed by XE+, Evalia XL and top end Evalia XV.
Nissan Evalia Prices Ex-Showroom Delhi are as follows:
- Nissan Evalia XE is priced at Rs.8.49 Lakhs
- Nissan Evalia XE+ is priced at Rs. 8.92 Lakhs
- Nissan Evalia XL is priced at Rs. 9.49 Lakhs
- Nissan Evalia XV is priced at Rs. 9.99 Lakhs
Nissan Evalia MPV Handling, Ride and Performance
This is one of the key areas to consider while buying a MPV or family car which is meant to carry people from one place to the other in safety and comfort. First of all, the ride height of the Evalia is good for both front seats and rear seat passengers. There is plenty of head room and space on the inside of the Evalia.
The drivability is surprisingly good with a small 1.5 litre engine with a peak power of just 85 BHP, but the 200 Nm torque of the engine delivered at low RPMs make it pull through well. There is practically no noticeable turbo-lag in the engine. With 7 passengers on board, the car pulls easily with intelligently spaced gear ratios. The visibility from the driver’s seat is very good with high ride height, seating position, large glass areas and conveniently placed gear knob.
Ride comfort is also very pleasing with well tuned suspension. Because of tall boy styling, there is some body roll on high speed cornering, but it is well under acceptable limits. The steering is also well weighted and makes it easy to maneuver the Evalia.
What is not so exciting is that the interiors and exterior styling of the Evalia is very simple and basic, however the design elements like large sliding doors, plenty of storage spaces and cubby holes on the interiors etc. make it very useful and practical car for commuting in comfort. It has all the ingredients to make it a potent contender for a people mover, for personal as well as fleet users.
Nissan Evalia MPV Specifications and Features
- 1.5 Litre turbocharged K9K Diesel Engine
- Peak Power of 85 BHP @ 3750 RPM
- Peak Torque of 200 Nm @1900 RPM
- 5 Speed Manual Transmission
- Fuel Mileage of around 19.30 KMPL as per ARAI tests
- Kerb Weight of 1426 Kg
- Dimensions: Length = 4400mm, width = 1695mm, height = 1880 mm
- Ground Clearance of 180 mm
- Tyre Size of 165R14- 8PRLT
- Seating Capacity of 7 adults
- Boot Space of up to 2900 Litre with all two rows of rear seats folded up
- Dual Airbags on front seats (except for base XE variant)
- Disk brakes at front and drum brakes at rear
- ABS and EBD with Brake Assist
- Engine Immobilizer
- Door Ajar warning
- Manual Air Conditioning with heater
- Rear AC Vents on XL and XV trims
- Rear Monitor Camera on top end XV
- 2 Din Integrated Audio system with AM/ FM/ CD support
- Up to 4 speakers
- Central Locking system and Keyless entry
- Power Steering
- Tilt adjust power steering
- Front Power Windows
- Tables at the back of front seats
- Driver side seat height adjustment
- Reclining seats at front and rear
- Split folding seats in second row
- Multi Information Display with Trip computer, cruising range, real time fuel mileage, digital clock etc.
- 12 V Power outlets for charging mobile phones etc.
- Body Coloured Bumpers & Outside rear view mirrors
- Sliding doors at rear for easy entry and exit
- Electronically controlled outside rear view mirrors
- Front Fog lamps on XV trim
- Alloy wheels on XV trim
Nissan Evalia Colour Options are as follows:
- Aqua Green
- Brick Red
- Titanium Grey
- Blade Silver
- Onyx Black
- Storm White
- Peal White
Nissan Evalia Brochure:
Nissan Evalia MPV Pictures Gallery
Stay tuned for more updates.
Get latest updates FREE via email by signing up for our Free Email Newsletter, you can also follow us on Twitter or join our Official Facebook Page. You can catch more action on cars and test drive video reviews on our Official YouTube Channel.