Skoda, a while back, stepped into the SUV segment with its so radical and so attractive car, Skoda Yeti. Despite being a good four wheel drive car Yeti failed to clock expected numbers. This happens to be one of the reasons for considering a cheaper 4×2 (two wheel drive) version for prospective buyers by Skoda. The range of Yeti is extended with a two-wheel-drive diesel option priced at Rs. 13.20 lakhs ex showroom Maharashtra and is expected to further drive the car’s success into new customer groups.
Skoda Yeti 4×2 Specifications and Features In India
Coming 2012 January, Skoda will launch has officially launched the 4×2 Yeti in the Indian market on 23rd November 2011 in New Delhi. The new SKODA Yeti will also come in 2 variants which are Active and Ambition. Top propositions such as ESP, Hill Hold Control and Vario Flex will be offered with the new 4×2 model, with further improvement in the car’s segment-leading fuel efficiency.
- The car is equipped with the same 2.0 Liter 110 BHP, 250 Nm diesel engine coupled to a 5 speed manual transmission coming with the 4×4 version
- 4223 mm in length, 1793 mm in width and 1691 mm in height, wheel base of 2578 mm and ground clearance of 180mm
- On the exterior, Yeti 4×2 will retain the looks of the 4×4 model. The radical designing and boxy design will once again be noticed
image- Skoda Yeti SUV
Performance wise since it will feature the 2.0 Liter diesel unit, it will be at par with the Mahindra XUV500 4×2. Reason being the power to weight ratio of Yeti 4×2 will be around 76 BHP which is close to 78.4 BHP per tonne of power of XUV.
- On the inside the dashboard arrangement will be same as well as the legroom.
- Since it will be a cheaper variant many of the top notch safety feature will be absent. One would not see Hill Hold Control (HHC), Hydraulic Brake Assist (HBA), Electronic Differential Lock (EDL), ESP (Electronic Stability Control), parking sensors and lumbar support adjustment.
- Features of Yeti 4×2 include:
- Daytime running lamps
- rear defogger
- multi-information display
- gear change indicator
- dual front airbags
- front fog lights
- rear fog light
- mechanical brake assistant
- 16-inch alloy wheels
- roof rails
- turn indicator in mirrors
- fabric upholstery
Skoda Yeti 4×2 Two Wheel Drive Colour Options In India
Skoda Yeti 4×2 is available in five colours:
- Aqua mist
- Brilliant silver
- Candy white
- Cappuccino beige
- Magic black
- Mato brown
Skoda Yeti 4×2 Two Wheel Drive Model Price In Delhi and Mumbai, India
The Aria 4×2 and XUV 4×2 are the only competitors and hence their current pricing is definitely going to influence the price of Yeti. The Aria is price close to Rs. 12.9 Lakh whereas the XUV at Rs. 10.8 Lakh.
As per reliable sources, the price of Skoda Yeti 4×2 is 13.35 Lakhs ex-showroom Maharashtra. Official price list of Skoda yeti 4×2 is as follows:
Skoda Yeti 4×2 Official Prices Ex-Showroom Delhi are as follows:
- Skoda Yeti Active 2.0 TDI CR is priced at Rs. 13.46 Lakhs
- Skoda Yeti Ambition 2.0 TDI CR is priced at Rs. 14.32 Lakhs
Skoda Yeti 4×2 Official Prices Ex-Showroom Mumbai are as follows:
- Skoda Yeti Active 2.0 TDI CR is priced at Rs. 13.21 Lakhs
- Skoda Yeti Ambition 2.0 TDI CR is priced at Rs. 14.05 Lakhs
check out more-