First it was the 2012 Yamaha R1 which got a facelift, then it was the recent 2012 BMW S1000RR and now Suzuki has unveiled the 2012 Suzuki GSX-R1000. Alike the 2012 S1000RR and R1, the GSXR does not get any drastic design or technological changes but it does feature numerous significant small changes.
Suzuki engineers have sincerely worked upon reducing the weight of the bike and gladly they have managed to shed 2 kg from the sports bike. The weight reduction strategy has trickled down to the components as well. Inside the engine the pistons are now 11 percent lighter which accounts for better acceleration and overall engine performance. Other changes include an increased compression ratio from 12.8:1 to 12.9:1, improved chassis performance leading to improved maneuverability, a lightweight titanium silencer and a lighter 4-2-1 exhaust system.
image- Suzuki GSX R1000
2012 Suzuki GSX R-1000 Key Features
- Optimized camshaft profiles for great racing potential, developed using proven MotoGP racing engine technology.
- Thinner material for the tappet skirts means a weight saving of 2.5 grams per tappet. The reduced inertial mass gave Suzuki the freedom to optimize the valve lift curve.
- An engine control module (ECM) provides state-of-the-art engine management and has optimized settings to suit the single muffler which results in better fuel economy and linear throttle response.
- The front disk brakes with top-of-the-line radial-mount Brembo Monoblock callipers and lighter Sunstar Engineering front discs
- The lightweight and high-grip front and rear tyres reduce unsprung weight for sharp handling.
- Attention to rider comfort includes a carefully-shaped seat with new high-grip leather for better holding feel.
- Red pin stripes punctuated by “R” logos on wheels.
- Bigger “GSX-R” graphics and more extensive use of Suzuki’s signature blue colour on the bodywork.
- Short wheelbase and 32mm long swing arm to improve racetrack performance.
- Suzuki Composite Electrochemical Material (SCEM)-plated cylinders integrated into the upper crankcase, reduce friction and improving heat transfer, durability and ring seal.
- 12-hole fuel injectors for more complete combustion, reducing fuel consumption and exhaust emissions.
- Suzuki Drive Mode Selector (S-DMS) offers push-button selection of three performance settings to suit riding conditions and personal tastes
- Iridium spark plugs produce a strong spark for efficient combustion
- Race-proven back-torque-limiting clutch contributes to smoother downshifting and corner entry.
- Rear shock absorber features adjustable rebound damping, spring preload, and both high-speed and low-speed compression damping.
- Three-way adjustable foot pegs, adjustable shift lever and short fuel tank give a more-comfortable and personally-suited riding position.
- The edgy and clean GSX-R1000 styling for reducing turbulence and drag
- Distinctive multi-reflector headlight with vertically stacked high and low-beam halogen bulbs
- Front and rear turn signals feature clear lenses over amber bulbs.
- Instruments: Silver-ringed analogue tachometer with LCD speedometer. LCD readouts include odometer, dual trip meters, reserve trip meter, clock, coolant temperature/ oil pressure warning indicator, gear position indicator, lap timer/stopwatch, S-DMS setting indicator and bar-graph indicating the instrument lighting level, or brightness.
- Optional single seat cowl can replace the tandem seat for an even more aggressive looks, solo rides or track days.
image- Suzuki GSX R1000 Black Colour
2012 Suzuki GSX R-1000 Technical Specifications
- Colour: Metallic Mat Black No.2/Glass Sparkle Black, Metallic Triton Blue/Glass Splash White
- Front: Disc brake, twin
- Rear Disc brake
- Curb Weight: 203kg (448 lbs.)
- Final Drive Chain: DID50VAZ, 114 links
- Fuel Tank Capacity: 17.5 L (4.6 US gal)
- Ground Clearance: 130mm (5.1 in.)
- Ground Clearance: 5.1
- Overall Length: 2045 mm (80.5 in.)
- Overall Width: 705 mm (27.8 in.)
- Overall Width: 27.8
- Seat Height: 810 mm (31.9 in.)
- Front: Inverted telescopic, coil spring, oil damped
- Rear Link type, coil spring, oil damped
- Front: 120/70ZR17 M/C (58W), tubeless
- Rear: 190/50ZR17M/C (73W), tubeless
- Transmission: 6-speed constant mesh
- Wheelbase: 1405mm (55.3 in.)
- Engine: 999cc, 4-stroke, liquid-cooled, 4-cylinder, DOHC
- Bore Stroke: 74.5 mm x 57.3 mm
- Compression Ratio: 12.9 : 1
- Ignition: Electronic ignition (Transistorized)
- Lubrication: Wet sump
- Starter: Electric
image- Suzuki GSX R1000 Blue Colour
2012 Suzuki GSX R-1000 Price In India
Although the official launch is yet to take place but the price is expected to fall between Rs.13.75 – Rs.14.25 Lakhs(Ex-showroom Delhi)
check out more-