Many of you must not be knowing that Suzuki sells a 4×4 (all wheel drive) version of Swift in some of the international markets. Italy is one of the important markets for Swift and Suzuki already offers a 4×4 version of the car there. But recently it has expanded the brand’s line-up by introducing a special variant called Suzuki Swift 4×4 Outdoor in Italy.
While the existing Swift looks sporty, the Outdoor variant has been introduced with a lot of ruggedness and toughness. A number of cosmetic upgrades have helped the car achieve this new rugged feel and yet it looks as stunning as before.
Some of the noticeable changes made to the exterior include black matte treated centre grille region, front and rear sump guards, side skirts, wheel arches and ORVMs area. 4X4 stickers have been placed just above the side skirts on both the sides to complement the bodily changes.
The Outdoor variant is available in two models – GL STYLE and GL TOP, and both of them are powered by a 1.2 litre VVT petrol engine. As the name says the GL TOP is the top of the line model while the GL STYLE is positioned below it.
Suzuki Swift 4X4 Outdoor Edition Features
The GL STYLE model of the outdoor edition comes with the following features:
- Electric windows front and rear
- Central locking with remote control integrated in the key
- Manual air conditioning
- Hi-fi system with CD player and MP3 audio
- Electronic volume control
- Four speakers and antenna
- Steering wheel mounted audio controls
- Two tweeters and USB connectivity
- Leather steering wheel
- Height-adjustable driver’s seat
- Electromagnetic tailgate opening
- Electrically adjustable and heated exterior mirrors
- Dual front airbags (passenger side can be deactivated)
- Driver knee airbag
- Front side airbags and curtain (total 7)
- Electronic Stability Program (ESP)
- Traction Control System (TCS)
- Collapsible pedals
- 16 ” Alloy wheels
- Front fog lamps
- Privacy glass
The GL TOP is offered with Cruise control with steering wheel mounted buttons and automatic light switch, in addition to all the features listed above for the GL STYLE. Interested owners can also get metallic paint and Sunroof at an additional cost.
The pricing of the car is as follows:
- Suzuki Swift 4WD GL STYLE Outdoor is priced at € 16,616 (approximately Rs. 11.5 lakhs)
- Suzuki Swift 4WD GL TOP Outdoor is priced at € 17,524 (approximately Rs. 12 lakhs)
Stay tuned to Car Blog India for latest updates on New car launches.