Tata Motors is all set to launch its MPV Tata Aria to compete with Toyota Innova , Mahindra Xylo, and Maruti Suzuki’s upcoming MPV Maruti R3. We have already shared a news about unveiling of Tata Aria at the Auto Expo 2010 in Delhi.
Tata Motors has recently got its website up for involving audience for this launch though interactive online car building competition. The website for the same is called the BuildDreamCar.com which allows users to create a user or connect via Facebook. Then a participant can create a car step by step in various levels, which is also kind of fun if you are into cars.
Specifications of Tata Aria Multi Purpose Vehicle
- Engine – 2.2 L Direct Injection Common Rail Engine
- Max power – 104 PS @ 4000 rpm
- Max Torque – 320Nm @ 1700-2700 rpm
- Transmission – G-76-5/4.1- synchromesh with overdrive with Dual mass flywheel, Torque on Demand 4×4 Drive
- Suspension Front: Independent Double Wishbone with coil springs Over shock absorber
- Suspension Rear: 5 link suspension with coil springs
- Turbocharger for higher fuel economy
Features of Tata Aria Multi Purpose Vehicle
- Steering mounted audio controls
- 4X4 drive
- Automated Climate Control System
- 5 Speed Manual Transmission
- Integrated Audio System
- Large Multiple information display
- 4 AC Vents in front
we will update this section as we get more details.
Price of Tata Aria Multi Purpose Vehicle
We Expect the pricing to be kept competitive to Toyota Innova, thus we expect a price tag ranging between Rs. 10 and Rs. 14 Lakhs for various variants and trim levels.
Updated 11 Oct 2010
Check out official launch and details: