According to us the most important car in terms of brand recognition, for Tata has been the Tata Safari. The car was an immediate hit and because of its not so high price tag, became the ultimate choice for big car lovers.
Not only the price but also the on and off road manners of the car have been greatly praised. Since its launch in 1998 the company never came up with any major upgrades and only minor changes were brought time to time. Reason being that Tata had been planning on a premium model of the Safari SUV, known as the Tata Safari Merlin which is now all ready to hit the market early next year.
image – Tata Safari Merlin 2012 Scoop Picture
All the new features to come along with Tata Safari Merlin are as follows:
One the Front
- New projector headlights
- A somewhat square shaped grille
- A pronounced chin
- A long chrome strip just below the bonnet/right above the front badge
At the Rear
- Two chrome-tipped exhausts
- A long oversized chrome bar over the number plate
image – Tata Safari Merlin 2012 Spy Image
On the Interior
- The new Safari gets very up-market interiors with an all-new dashboard
- Improved plastics and wood’ inserts all over the dashboard
- Simple yet elegant dials with dials with white numbers on a black background
- Tata’s typical four-spoke steering wheel with chrome inserts
image – Tata Safari Merlin 2012 Interiors Spied
The biggest change to be brought into the Merlin will be the adoption of Tata Aria’s X2 platform. The platform will be trimmed down to fit Safari’s shorter 2650 mm wheelbase. But this new adoption will definitely improve the ride and handling characteristics of Safari.
On the technical end, the car will equip the same old 2.2 litre DICOR CRDI diesel engine producing 140 BHP but with a little bit refinement.
check out more-