Ra One, the latest flick of Shahrukh Khan features a number of expensive cars in a couple of action sequences and one of those, often seen in the commercials now-a-days, is the 2011 Volkswagen Touareg. As per the information the same will be launched by Volkswagen in a few weeks from now.
The Touareg is one of the best SUV of its segment, that we currently have in the market and the 2011 model is believed to be much more interesting that its predecessor. The new iteration is nearly 208 kg lighter than the older Touareg in the base version, yet the body is 5 percent more rigid. The car is also improved now both in terms of aerodynamics and looks.
Unlike the previous model the car now gets 8 speed automatic transmission as standard on all the models(outside India) and offers significant fuel economy advantages.
image- Volkswagen Touareg 2011 Front Side View
Another feature made standard with the 2011 iteration is the 4Motion all wheel drive system which has a climbing ability of up to 31 degrees. Some of the interesting features of the car are as follows:
- Lighter, more fuel efficient and an agile performer and also an all-round vehicle
- More functional interiors and more comfortable seats with a larger leg room in the rear
- A radio-CD and info system along with a 6.5-inch touch-screen
- Push button operated parking brake
- Stop-Start system
- The largest panoramic sunroof of all SUVs
- The innovative “Area View” with four cameras to detect the Volkswagen Touareg’s surroundings to enhance safety
- Nine airbags
- Lane Assist to ensures that the vehicle does not deviate from the right path
- Side Assist to warns of vehicles approaching from the rear when changing lanes
- Adaptive Cruise Control (ACC) with integrated Front Assist
- Bi-Xenon headlights with Dynamic Light Assist to eliminate unwanted glare from oncoming vehicles
- Special package for individuals under Touareg Exclusive badge offering 19-inch alloy wheels (“Girona” type), wood inserts (“Olive Ash”) and a leather interior (“Nappa”) in the two-colour combinations “Dark Burgundy / Titan Black” or “Pepper Beige / Titan Black”.
image- Volkswagen Touareg 2011 Rear Side View
Under the bonnet, disappointingly, the company offers one single engine option only, that is a 3.0 Liter V6 TDI (CRDI) diesel engine producing 240 BHP of max power and 550 Nm @ 2000 RPM of peak torque. The car has a top speed of 218 km/h and sprints from 0-100 km/h in 7.8 seconds.
The car will be placed in competition with the Audi Q5 and has an expected price of INR 52 – INR 58 Lakh.
check out more –