Updated Volkswagen Vento Could be Launched with LED Headlamps
The VW Polo-based Vento sedan got a minor nip and tuck just last year and it seems VW will roll out another update soon! Yes, these image that you see here is, in all probability, of the 2016 Volkswagen Vento facelift, which will feautre LED headlamps with LED DRLs. Also, we’re expecting a handful of minor cosmetic changes, along with some additional equipment inside the cabin. The Vento sedan has been facing quite some heat of late, what with the advent of the Maruti Suzuki Ciaz and the ever-improving sales performance of the formidable Honda City. Hence, VW could attempt to infuse some freshness to the fast-aging sedan with the addition of new features, all in a bid to rekindle the car’s performance on the sales charts. Here’s more info on 2016 edition and the current Volkswagen Vento 2015 model.
Volkswagen India might launch the Volkswagen Vento 2016 model pretty soon, possibly by the end of the first quarter of 2016.
[box type=”download” ]Upcoming Compact Sedans in India this year [/box]
Volkswagen Vento with LED Headlamps Spy Video
2015 Volkswagen Vento Price
The Volkswagen Vento Facelift, which was launched last year, starts at INR 7,70,000 (ex-showroom, Mumbai). Full price list as follows:
- Vento 1.6 MPI (MT): INR 7.70-9.24 lakhs
- Vento 1.2 TSI (AT): INR 9.68-10.42 lakhs
- Vento 1.5 TDI (MT): INR 8.93-10.47 lakhs
- Vento 1.5 MPI (AT): INR 10.91-11.64 lakhs
all prices ex-showroom, Mumbai
We expect the LED headlamps to be offered with only the top spec Highline trim, which could cost a little bit more than the current halogen headlamp equipped Vento Highline.
Volkswagen Vento 2015 Model Launch Pics
Volkswagen Vento 2015 Model Changes
The 2015 model Vento comes with –
- Refreshed Headlamp
- Three lip chrome plated Grille
- New Bumpers
- New motif for the Taillights
- Chrome on exhaust tip and door handles
- Horizontal Strip on Boot Lid
- Refreshed interior
- New hood
- Cooled glovebox
- ORVMs with integrated turn indicators
- Cornering lights
The Vento 2015 will be powered by the same engines that power the current model. Here are the powertrain options for the VW Vento –
- 1.5-litres, four-cylinder, turbocharged diesel engine with max. power of 105PS and peak torque of 250Nm. Transmission options include a 5-speed manual and a 6-speed DSG.
- 1.2-litres, four-cylinder, turbocharged, direct injection petrol engine with max. power of 105PS and peak torque of 175 Nm. This engine comes mated with a 7-speed DSG.
- 1.6-litres, four-cylinder, normally aspirated petrol engine with max. power of 105 PS and peak torque of 153 Nm. This engine comes mated with a 5-speed manual transmission.
- Petrol (MT): 16.09 kpl
- Petrol (AT): 18.19 kpl
- Diesel (MT): 20.64 kpl
- Diesel (AT): 21.50 kpl
2015 Volkswagen Vento Images
Stay tuned to CarBlogIndia for more on the Volkswagen Vento 2015 model (facelift).