Volkswagen India has introduced a limited edition of the Vento called the Vento Konekt in a bid to boost sales and maybe even clear stocks of the existing model in case a Polo-esque facelift is being readied for launch. The limited addition is available with a high end Blaupunkt Infotainment system with a touch screen mounted in the centre console and and 8-inch android tablet for the rear passengers. Mechanically there are no changes.
The Konekt package is available on the Comfortline and Highline trims for no additional cost.
There are no changes to the exterior except for ‘Konekt’ badging on the boot and the scuff plates. The Vento Konekt also features leather seat covers.
On the inside however the Vento Konekt is loaded with features. The front passengers get a Blaupunkt Philadelphia 835 infotainment system integrated into the centre console with:
- Premium Blaupunkt Multimedia Navigation Radio (integrated navigation)
- Large 7” digital TFT touch screen display (800 x 480 pixels)
- High-quality anti-reflex touch screen
- Vario colour for hard keys and rotary encoders (RGB 256 colours)
- Latest Igo-navtech maps with premium features and VW dealer locator
- DVD/CD player
- Built-in Bluetooth for hands-free calling, audio streaming & phone book upload (up to 1,000 entries)
- USB input
- Front SDHC slot
- Audio/Video input
- iPod/iPhone direct control & charging via USB
The rear passengers get a Blaupunkt 8” HD tablet with
- 3G Dual SIM
- 16 channels of Live TV
- Internet radio
- Videos – trailers, music videos, documentaries/short features, etc.
- Stock financial market feeds
- Live weather updates
- Dealer/service location finder
- Social media applications
- Video calling
- Access to regular Android home in order to download/access android apps/functionality
What do you think? Let us know in the comments section below.
Stay tuned for more news on Car Blog India.