Yamaha is the only brand in India which has revolutionized the 150CC segment like no other with bikes like the Yamaha FZ-16 and Yamaha R15 and is trying really hard to make its mark in the 110CC segment. For the 150CC segment no doubt the bikes are too dominating however for the 110CC segment, bikes like Yamaha YBR failed to leave an impression.
From the market point of view, with the passage of each day new products are being launched and to literally conquer the two-wheeler market one has to separately conquer each of the two-wheeler segments. Quite same sort of strategy is what Yamaha has followed and had announced launch of three bikes in august and with no surprise Yamaha SZ, Yamaha SZ-X and Yamaha YBR-125 have been launched.
On the occasion, Mr. Yukimine Tsuji, CEO & MD, India Yamaha Motor Pvt. Ltd. said, “The launch of SZ, SZ-X and YBR 125 is in line with Yamaha’s true commitment to provide world-class products to its customers. SZ, SZ-X and YBR125 models have been designed and engineered down to the finest details for maximum comfort of the rider. Ideal combinations of Power, Comfort & Style, SZ & SZ-X have been designed with a strong focus on quality and performance. YBR 125, on the other hand, is stylish and has good ergonomics for comfortable day-to-day commuting. We are confident that these bikes will capture the imagination of a whole generation of bikers who are looking for something extra”.
Specifications Of Yamaha SZ and SZ-X
As it is quite evident from the pictures the SZ and SZ-X are the same except for some tweaking part where the SZ-X takes the lead.
- Both bikes are powered by a 153CC engine
- 5-Speed Manual Transmission
- Maximum Power = 12.1PS @ 7500RPM
- Maximum Torque = 12.8Nm @ 4500RPM
- Both feature Wet Type Clutch
- 17″ alloy wheels with fatter 100/90 rear tyre
- SZ Dimensions = 2050mmx730mmx1040mm (length x breadth x height)
- SZ-X Dimensions = 2050mmx730mmx1100mm (length x breadth x height)
- SZ comes with drum brakes and kick start while the SZ-X features electric start
- Fuel Tank Capacity = 14 Litres
- Wheelbase = 1320mm
SZ Available Colors
SZ-X Available Colors
Specifications Of Yamaha YBR-125
While the older YBR had a 110Cc engine the new and improved YBR has the following features:-
- A 125CC engine
- Maximum Power = 10.9PS @ 7500RPM
- Maximum Torque = 10.4Nm @ 6500RPM
- 4-Speed Manual gearbox
- 2.75-18 4PR/ 3.00-18 6 PR tyre
- Sports telescopic forks at the front and swing arm at the rear
- Dimensions = 2065mm x 730mm x 1100mm
- Wheelbase = 1300mm
- Red-Black Combination
Price Of Yamaha SZ, SZ-X & YBR-125
- Yamaha SZ-X = Rs52,000(Ex-Showroom Delhi)
- Yamaha SZ = Rs49,000(Ex-Showroom Delhi)
- Yamaha YBR 125cc = Rs47,000(Ex-Showroom Delhi)