Yamaha is the world leader in innovative two-wheeler technologies and no other brand literally can match upto the benchmarks this Japanese company has set. If we consider the brand’s success in India over the past 1-2 years, one can easily tell how joyful its journey has been.
The brand recently has lunched the Yamaha EC-03 electric scooter which is a ZERO-EMISSIONS vehicle and incorporates lightness, compactness and comfort and is entirely different from the conventional 50CC motor scooters.
General Specifications Of Yamaha EC-03
The new scooter features a high energy density 50V lithium-ion battery manufactured by SANYO Electric Co. Ltd along with Yamaha Motor’s super-slim Yamaha Integrated Power Unit (YIPU), both working together to deliver smooth running performance under all circumstances.
Once fully charged the vehicle can cover 43 KM at a speed of 30 km/h on a flat road,describing the desired performance in urban cities for short range transportation and also features a light weight aluminum alloy frame and a plug-in recharging point(Compatible with a 100 V household electric outlet).
Important Features Include :-
- Super-slim power unit (YIPU) – Minimize drive power-transmission loss and delivers smooth running performance
- High energy density 50V lithium-ion battery – For improved torque (power development) characteristics in the low-speed range
- Plug-in type recharging – For increased convenience
- Mutual-communication control system (YMCS) – For easier operation for the user and smooth running performance
- Lightweight aluminum alloy frame(30% lighter than than gasoline engine model of same class) – Provides increased rigidity, improved handling stability, straight-line running stability.
Other Features Include :-
- Electronic throttle built into the handlebar grip
- Two running modes
- PIN input type anti-theft device
- “High-function LED Meter Panel” with odometer and tripmeter switching function
- Key-operated pop-up type seat lock
- Wire type helmet holder
- Luggage hook etc.
Price Of Yamaha EC-03
The price for this amazing technology is speculated to be around 252,000 Japanese Yen which comes out to be a mind boggling 1,36,000 INR and once it is introduced in our country, it will certainly raise several eyebrows when it would come to buying one.