Price is one aspect that every middle class Indian considers while going for any two wheeler and more importantly the question arises, whether the product/vehicle is its worth?
Yamaha, has never performed well in the under 150cc segment, that is the phase prior to the launch of those two amazing bikes which set the sales charts on fire – Yamaha YZ16 and Yamaha YZF-R15. With its products like the Yamaha Crux or the Libero etc, the brand never reached the hearts of the Indian customers and subsequently the bikes were phased out.
Now after a pretty long while this major is back in the business with Yamaha YBR – a 110CC bikes, which is expected to be the next value for money two-wheeler.
Yamaha India CEO and MD, Yukimine Tsuji said at its launch“We have been studying the entry level market and wanted to launch a new bike at an affordable price that would give satisfactory mileage. We are confident that we will replicate the success of our premium segment bikes with the launch of all new YBR 110 in entry level space,”
Yamaha YBR 110cc Specifications
Design & Styling
- The bike inherits a sort of similar fairing style which used to come with Yamaha Alba, YBX and older generation Fazer and to an extent doesn’t seem to be appealing and would have looked better without one.
- Turn indicators are located at the top of the instrument panel, which contains only a speedometer and no tachometer.
- Handle bar is all black with dedicated durable switches for Engine kill(in red),electric start,lights on/off switch, high/low beam(in grey color),turn indicator and horn.
- The fuel tank has a capacity of 13 Litres with 1.1 Litres dedicated to reserve.
- Vehicle body has been covered with stickers all the way to the rear.
- A newly sculpted black saree guard along with white alloys with 5-spoke wheels add to its charm.
Yamaha YBR sports a 106CC Air-cooled 4 stroke,SOHC single cylinder engine generating a maximum power of 7.6 PS @ 7500rpm and a maximum torque of 7.85 Nm @ 6000rpm and is coupled with a 4-Speed constant mesh gearbox, growing the same way as Yamaha Crux did.
Ride Quality and Handling hasn’t been compromised with and the bike performs well while cutting through traffic,owing to the 7.85Nm of torque.
Performance & Fuel Consumption
As its a product from Yamaha performance is what is expected and with no disappointment the YBR renders a mileage of 60Km/L and when fully throttled touches the 98Km/hr mark.
Yamaha YBR 110 Price
Yamaha YBR comes with a price tag of Rs.41,000 (Ex-Showroom Delhi). The On road price will come around approx Rs. 45000 in Delhi.
At such price the brand has presented a nice product worth considering and we really hope that YBR does contributes to the sales charts and excels in its segment.