Hyundai Motors India has launched its fully Electric Version of i10 called the i10 Electric. The price and date of production roll-out of the car has not been released yet. I am a big admirer of electric vehicles and strongly believe that most of the future cars will either be Hybrid Cars or Electric cars.
i10 Electric Detailed Specification
- Highly Efficient 49 KW power electric motor (approx 66 BHP)
- Battery Type – Lithium Ion Polymer (one of the best types available commercially)
- Battery Capacity – 16 KWH
- Range – 160 KM on full charge
- Dual Charging Mode – Domestic / Industrial charging mode
- Domestic Charging rate at 220 V – within 5 Hours 100% charge
- Industrial Charging rate at 413 V – 85 % charging under 15 Minutes (which is outstanding)
- Lithium polymer batteries are 30 % light in weight, 40 % less in volume and 12 % higher in efficiency compared to Nickel-Metal Hydride (NiMH) type batteries.
- Lithium polymer batteries are much better in terms of durability , compactness, safety and efficiency compared to Lithium Ion batteries.
The exteriors of the car look exactly same as the i10 petrol version. The interiors are even more attractive than the conventional i10. It features automatic transmission (comparison between Automatic And Manual Transmission) which reduces hassles in city driving.
The instrument panel shows the charging levels, temperature, battery level, sped, Gate-ajar warning, seat belts warning, airbag signs, EPS status and other important data. It has digital odometer and tripmeter.
The battery is neatly packed inside a metal chamber to avoid any chemical hazard.
The diagram below shows the blue-prints of the i10 Electric. It shows the Invertors, charger , Electric Water- pump , Compressor for AC , Drive motor, Vacuum Pump and charging point.
I am eager to hear about the production rollout and test drive it myself. Stay updated with Auto Expo 2010 coverage by subscribing to our free email newsletter.
Catch the latest car and bike news updates by Car Blog India on Google news- click here!