Kawasaki along with Bajaj, came up with the Kawasaki Ninja series in India. The first one to hit the roads was the Kawasaki Ninja 250R, which received a lot of appreciation but not enough sales. Then recently the firm came up with the Kawasaki Ninja 650R, a more powerful sibling of the 250R.
The 650R was an immediate hit because of its performance figures and competitive pricing. But to many the bike now is a bit old as compared to other models which are either launched or on the verge of getting launched. To our content Kawasaki has given green signal to the 2012 edition of the bike for the Indian market and it is expected to be launched soon.
image- 2102 Kawasaki Ninja 650
Besides the engine, all the major sections of the bike have been revised in order to ensure better performance and unmatched attraction. Although the overall dimensions remain the same, from the front fairing to the tail lamp all has been restyled to impart a sharper and more aggressive look.
The new bike gets a number of improvements of which the best one is a claimed mileage of 17.7 KMPL. The bike also gets a bigger 19 liter fuel tank.
image- 2102 Kawasaki Ninja 650
2012 Kawasaki Ninja New Features
- Redesigned twin-pipe perimeter frame offers proper rigidity, stable handling, a low seat height and improved aesthetics
- Twin-pipe swing arm assembly offers improved rigidity and maximum style
- Redesigned exhaust system features a new connector pipe, a higher-volume 3-chamber muffler assembly for improved mid-range while maintaining peak top-end power, and a higher quality finish
- Redesigned bodywork features better aerodynamics, improved engine-heat dissipation and sharper looks that identify with the flagship ZX™-14R
- Easier-pull clutch cable design for reduced fatigue and enhanced control
- Revised suspension settings and increased wheel travel front and rear offer improved ride comfort while offering excellent compliance in varying situations
- Improved brake pads offer better braking performance and control
- New instrument cluster assembly features an analog tachometer and a digital readout module for at-a-glance information transfer to the rider
- 20mm wider handlebar offers improved rider comfort and control
- Redesigned 2-piece seat assembly features thicker and wider foam for improved comfort for rider and passenger
- Dunlop’s grippy yet durable Roadsmart II tires are standard
- Increased fuel capacity and more compact battery
image- 2102 Kawasaki Ninja 650 Instrument Console
2012 Kawasaki Ninja Technical Specifications
- Engine: Four-stroke, liquid-cooled, DOHC, four-valve, parallel twin
- Displacement: 649 cc
- Bore x Stroke: 83.0 x 60.0 mm
- Compression Ratio: 10.8:1
- Cooling System: Liquid
- Fuel System: Digital fuel injection with two 38mm Keihin throttle bodies
- Ignition: TCBI with electronic advance
- Transmission: 6-Speed
- Final Drive: O-Ring Chain
- Frame Type: Twin-pipe perimeter design, high-tensile steel
- Rake/Trail: 25°/4.3 in.
image- 2102 Kawasaki Ninja 650 Seat
- Front Tire Size: 120/70-17
- Rear Tire Size: 160/60-17
- Wheelbase: 55.5 in.
- Front Suspension / wheel travel: 41mm hydraulic telescopic fork / 4.9 in.
- Rear Suspension / wheel travel: Single offset laydown shock with adjustable spring preload / 5.1 in.
- Front Brakes: Dual 300mm petal discs with two-piston calipers
- Rear Brakes: Single 220mm petal disc with single piston caliper
- Fuel Capacity: 19 L
- Seat Height: 31.7
- Curb Weight: 460.8 lbs.
- Overall length: 83.1 in.
- Overall width: 30.3 in.
- Overall height: 46.5 in.
- Color Choices: Metallic Spark Black, Candy Lime Green, Passion Red
image- 2102 Kawasaki Ninja 650 Engine
check out more-