If there is any recent product of Maruti Suzuki that hasn’t done well in the market, it has to be Maruti A-Star. The car has never been a volumes puller as Maruti would have expected it to be. For many it is the looks while for others it is the lack of space, that disappoints the buyers when going over the car at the time of buying. To us the sole reason for the not so good sales of the car is the little amount of space at the front and an even lesser at the back that the car offers for your legs.
We know Maruti has always been concerned about the sales of the car and in order to make it more interesting and at the same time addressing the issues, the company has brought some changes into the A-star.
image – 2012 Maruti A-Star
Though minor, the 2012 A-Star features a number of changes which are as follows.
- Brand new interiors with beige upholstery
- Reworked front seat head restraints
- 60-40 rear split seats for better space distribution
- Optional airbags optional
- New alloy wheels
- New Colours: Caffeine Brown and Glistening Grey
image – 2012 Maruti A-Star Upgraded Interiors
2012 Maruti A-Star Prices(Ex-Showroom Delhi)
- Maruti Suzuki A-Star LXi : Rs. 3.66 lakhs
- Maruti Suzuki A-Star VXi : Rs. 3.97 lakhs
- Maruti Suzuki A-Star VXi Automatic : Rs. 4.47 lakhs
- Maruti Suzuki A-Star ZXi : Rs. 4.22 lakhs
- Maruti Suzuki A-Star ZXi With Airbags and ABS : Rs. 4.40 lakhs