Maruti Suzuki India Limited has announced upgrade of Maruti Swift Petrol and Maruti Swift Dzire Petrol Engines with the new K12M engine which It displayed at Auto Expo 2010 . What it means is that the Swift Petrol now comes with an advanced engine with more power and mileage.
The new K12M engines are advanced, more powerful and also more fuel efficient compared to the existing G13B Series Engines. The fuel mileage of new K12M will be around 17.9 KMPL compared to 15.9 KMPL with G13B.
Detailed Specifications Of New Swift Petrol Engine
- 4 Cylinder MPFI Petrol Engine
- 4 Valve Per Cylinder for well breathing engine
- Dual Overhead Cam Shaft (DOHC)
- Max power of 85 BHP @6000 rpm
- Max Torque of 113 Nm @4500 rpm
- 5 Speed Manual Transmission
- Cable Shift Gear Change Technology
- Dented Pin Shift Technology
- Dry Single Disc Diaphragm Clutch
Increase In Price Of Maruti Swift Dzire
The price of Swift Dzire Petrol has been increased by Rs. 10000 but the price of Swift Petrol is not revised after this upgrade.