Triumph has already announced that it will very soon step into the Indian automobile market and has confirmed the models for its Indian line-up of motorcycles which will be showcased at the 2012 Auto Expo. But our market has a unique charm in the form of immense growth, which is inspiring such automobile giants to go an extra mile and develop something very specific for the same.
Triumph which has confirmed 7 motorcycles for the Indian market, including sports bikes and cruisers, is working on a new motorcycle codenamed as Street 300/350.The new bike is being developed for Asian markets only and will be manufactured in Brazil via CKD units made in Thailand.
Depending on the market, the bike’s engine capacity will vary form 267 – 350 CC. Triumph will incorporate the typical roadster looks and handling into this beauty and its global launch is expected in 2012. Once it is introduced globally it is certainly expected to come to India by the year 2013.
It will be first single cylinder motorcycle since the 1958 Tiger Cub and we are glad that the manufacturer is making its way again into this very segment.
Key Features Of Triumph Street 300/350
- Sporty short tail section
- A very brutal front profile with a twin-spar frame and bulky front forks
- In terms of design it will be a younger sibling of Street Triple and Speed Triple motorcycles
- A unique front fascia
- A 267-350cc single-cylinder four-valve motor with an estimated power output between 27-32 bhp. Expected gearbox will be a six-speed unit
- Gas filled rear monoshock
check out more-