Tata Motors one of the leading manufacturer of Commercial & passenger vehicle displayed Aria, unique blend of mid range MPV (Multi Purpose Vehicle) and SUV (Sports Utility Vehicle) having functions and comfort of an MPV including all terrain assurance and premiumness of an SUV. Tata is going to launch Aria in second quarter of 2010.
Its unique design & construction makes it more robust, elegant and comfortable. The Aria outfitted with 2.2 litre DICOR (Direct Injection Common Rail) Diesel engine produces 140 PS of power @ 4000 rpm and outstanding 320 Nm torque @ 1700-2700 rpm. Aria has option of 4×4 Drive (all wheel drive) with torque on demand, whenever torque is required, torque is automatically transferred to that wheel instantly.
Features of Tata Aria:
- Theater style three rows of seating
- 2nd row can slides and inclines
- 3rd row along with 2nd can fold flat to yield large storage area.
- Luxurious 3D surround sound
- Dimming roof lamps
- In-dash built GPS (Global Positioning System)
- Multifunctional steering wheel
- Dual air conditioning system with automatic climate control
- Cruise control
- 6 Air bags
- EPS (Electronic stabilization programme)
- Dual mass flywheel reduces NVH (Noise, Vibrations & Harshness) to the bare minimum level
- Meets EEC safety regulations which includes Full Frontal Crash, Offset Crash & Side Pole Test
Cabin: The interiors of Aria is highly furnished, steering is equipped with electronic switches which brings more stars in Aria’s account.
|Engine||2.2 L Direct Injection Common Rail Engine|
|Max power||104 PS @ 4000 rpm|
|Max Torque||320Nm @ 1700-2700 rpm|
|Transmission||G-76-5/4.1- synchromesh with overdrive with Dual mass flywheel, Torque on Demand 4×4 Drive|
|Suspension||Front: Independent Double Wishbone with coil springs Over shock absorber|
Rear: 5 link suspension with coil springs
Price of Tata Aria
Price of TATA Aria has not been disclosed yet, it is expected to be around Rs. 10 Lakhs.
Updated 11 Oct 2010
Check out official launch and details: