Bentley has added a fourth model to its India line-up with the launch of the Bentayga SUV. Touted as the world’s fastest SUV, the Bentley’s first SUV has found its way to Indian shores just months after its international launch. The SUV is expected to pull in a good number of customers not just in international markets, but in India as well. Mr. Satya Bagla, Managing Director, Exclusive Motors Private Limited claims that the Bentayga has received great response from customers and according to sources all 20 units allocated to India have been sold out. Here’s a round-up of all the details including Bentley Bentayga India price, specifications, images and more.
Also See – Bentley Mulsanne Speed
Bentley Bentayga India Price
Bentley Bentayga will cost INR 3.85 Crore (ex-showroom, New Delhi). Prices will be dependant on the levels of customisation and the exchange rate.
Speaking on the occasion, Mr. Satya Bagla, Managing Director, Exclusive Motors Private Limited said, “India is aggressively growing in the luxury automobile space. With the arrival of Bentayga, Bentley will set a benchmark for the SUV segment in India and the world will see craftsmanship of unsurpassable calibre applied to an SUV for the first time.”
Bentley Bentayga Specifications
|Length x Width x Height||5141x2223x1742 mm|
|Wheel Type and Size||-NA-|
|Engine Type/ Displacement||6.0-litre TwinTurbo W12|
|Top Speed||301 kmph|
|Acceleration (0-60 mph)||4.0 secs|
|Transmission (Gearbox)||8-speed Automatic|
|Mileage||9.39 kpl (claimed)|
The Bentayga’s eyebrow-raising specifications have earned it the “World’s Fastest SUV” title with a 0-100 km/h time of around 4 seconds. The 6.0 L Twin Turbo W16 lurking under the hood of this beast churns out 600 BHP of max. power and a peak torque of 900 Nm. Off-roading duties are taken care of by Bentley’s AWD system, which is fed power via an 8-speed automatic transmission.
The exteriors of the Bentayga scream Bentley as the designers have done a great job of infusing their signature design elements into the SUV body style. Up front, it features the Signature grille with the familiar quad-headlamp setup. The distinctive power line and the muscular haunches add beefiness to the design. Based on the 2012 Bentley EXP 9 F Concept, the Bentayga features strong lines, especially on the bonnet and around the rear wheel arches. The bootlid has a subtle spoiler lip right below the windscreen flanked by very Bentley-like tail lamps which get a B-shaped motif. The interiors are again unmistakably Bentley featuring a familiar dashboard design finished in the finest leather and wood trims with exquisite attention to detail.
The SUV, quite obviously, offers high levels of luxury and customisation.
- The Bentayga features Adaptive Cruise Control (ACC) including Stop & Go, Predictive ACC and Traffic Assist enables the driver to maintain a set distance to the vehicle in front. Predictive ACC uses the navigation data, sensors and cameras to predict upcoming corners, city boundaries and speed-limit changes and can then modify the vehicle speed accordingly
- Traffic Sign Recognition, which detects a wide variety of traffic signs and displays information to the driver
- Rear Crossing Traffic Warning, which uses radar technology to detect crossing traffic when reversing out of a parking space
- Top View: a system which uses four cameras to display an overall picture of the vehicle’s surroundings
- The Bentayga is also available with Park Assist: The system detects suitable parking spaces (both parallel and perpendicular) before autonomous steering takes over to support parking manoeuvres, even in narrow and tricky spaces.
- Electronic Night Vision
- 8″ touch screen infotainment with navigation technology, a 60GB hard drive, and a choice of up to 30 languages.
- Bentley Entertainment Tablet – a removable 10.2″ Android device with 4G, WiFi and Bluetooth
- Three different sound systems: Bentley Standard Audio, Bentley Signature Audio and Naim for Bentley Premium Audio. The latter is the most powerful system in the segment, with 1,950 watts, a network of 18 speakers and super-tweeters for unrivalled recreation of the highest audio frequencies.
Bentley Bentayga Image Gallery
With the launch of the Bentayga, the British manufacturers range now includes four models – The Continental GT, Continental Flying Spur, Mulsanne and, of course, the new Bentayga.
Stay tuned to CarBlogIndia for more details on the Bentley Bentayga India Price, Specifications, Images and features.