As far as India is concerned, superbikes have just stepped in and the market is maturing gradually but looking at other global markets, there is enough demand and need for ultra powerful two wheeled monsters. Whether its Yamaha, Kawasaki, Honda, Harley Davidson, Suzuki or any other popular manufacturer, they all try to impress the buyers with their performance machines.
Suzuki Hayabusa is one such extremely popular bike and has carried the badge of the fastest production bike for a long time. Later Kawasaki Ninja ZX-14 was launched and it literally changed the perception of Hayabusa being the best bike so far.
Kawasaki, after a lot of reconsiderations and modifications, has launched the 2012 Kawasaki Ninja ZX-14R. The earlier versions are known as ZX-14 but this new model gets an R at the end which accounts for the numerous changes brought into the bike.
2012 Kawasaki Ninja ZX-14R New Features
- A new designation as ZX-14R
- Increased displacement of a mind boggling 1441 CC with increased power and torque
- Reshaped combustion chambers and revised camshaft profiles. Increased strength of pistons while reduction in weight
- A new oil jet cooling system that provides constant lubrication underneath each piston
- Larger header pipes, reshaped mufflers and advanced catalyzer
- Upgraded suspension and brakes
- Slipper clutch(to reduce wheel hop and negative torque effects when shifting down and braking), KTRC traction control and ignition system
- Three riding modes: full power, medium power and a low traction condition option
- Modified exteriors with new nose design along with a new quad headlight assembly
2012 Kawasaki Ninja ZX-14R Specifications
- Engine: Four-stroke, liquid-cooled, DOHC, four valve per cylinder, Inline-Four
- Bore x Stroke: 84.0 x 65.0mm
- Compression Ratio: 12.3:1
- Fuel Delivery: Fuel-injection
- Transmission: 6-speed
- Final Drive: X-Ring chain
- Front Suspension: 43mm inverted fork with adjustable preload, 18-way compression and 15-way rebound damping adjustment; 4.6 in. travel
- Rear Suspension: Bottom-link Uni-Trak and gas-charged shock with adjustable preload, stepless rebound and compression damping adjustments, adjustable ride height; 4.9 in. travel
- Front Brakes: 310mm Dual semi-floating petal discs with dual radial-mounted four-piston calipers
- Rear Brake: 250mm petal disc with twin-piston caliper
- Front Wheel: 120/70 ZR17
- Rear Wheel: 190/50 ZR17
- Curb Weight: 584.3 lbs.
- Wheelbase: 58.3 in.
- Length: 85.4 in.
- Rake: 23 deg. Trail: 3.7 in.
- Seat Height: 31.5 in.
- Fuel Capacity: 22 liters
- Colors: Metallic Spark Black, Candy Surf Blue, Golden Blazed Green with special graphics (SE)
2012 Kawasaki Ninja ZX-14R Price
The bike has been priced at $14.699 which is roughly around 7 Lakh in India but since the duties have not been added yet, the price will be somewhere above 12 Lakh, when launched.
check out more-