Mahindra and Mahindra is all set to introduce the Mahindra Thar by end of next month (December 2010). This is certainly a great news for auto enthusiast who love to drive compact and powerful SUVs with no extra pounds.
Mahindra Thar Specifications India
Specifications of Indian variant of Mahindra Thar includes:
- 2498 CC Turbocharged Intercooled CRDI Diesel Engine
- Euro 4 Compatible Engine
- Max Power 105 BHP @ 3800 RPM
- Max Torque 247 NM @ 1800 to 2000 RPM
- 4 Wheel Drive
- 5 Speed Manual Transmission with two speed gear reduction
- Minimum turning radius of 5.25 m
- Independent front suspension with Torsion bar and stabilizer bar
- Rear Semi elliptical leaf springs
- Front Disk Brakes
- Rear Drum Brakes
- 16 Inch Tubeless Tyres
- Dimensions – Length = 3920mm; Width = 17170 mm; Height = 1930 mm
- Wheelbase = 2430mm; Ground Clearance = 200 mm;
- Curb Weight = 1750 Kg
- Seating Capacity = 2 Seater
Mahindra Thar Features India
Below are some of the features of Mahindra Thar SUV :
- Independent front suspension and rear leaf-spring suspension with double-action shock absorbers
- 2 Speed Gear Reduction; 1:1 and 2.68:1 coupled with NGT 530 R transmission
- 200 mm ground clearance for off-roading safety
- Light Weight and high traction 6Jx16 wheels
- Classic ladder frame chassis and body-on-frame construction for rigidity, strength and shock-bearing capability.
- Approach angle of 46 Degrees and departure angle of 30 degrees for ease of travel through rough terrains.
Mahindra Thar Colour Options India
There will be four color options to choose from – Arctic White , Mist Silver, Black and Toreador Red.