Toyota India has been struggling a bit off late in the market because of the fierce competition that it’s been facing across all segments. Its only hatchback, the Etios Liva, has not been able to clock up large numbers for the company and its entry level sedan, the Etios continues to be a decent seller but not something that would challenge the likes of the Sunny or the Amaze. In a bid to cash in on the upcoming festive season, the company has launched the Toyota Etios Xclusive and Toyota Etios Liva Xclusive to give their sales a shot in the arm. These limited edition variants will be made available only on the ‘G’ trim level on both the cars and only 1000 units of each will be sold.
- The Toyota Etios Xclusive petrol is priced at Rs 6.06 Lakh
- The Toyota Etios Xclusive diesel is priced at Rs 7.13 Lakh
- The Toyota Etios Liva Xclusive petrol is priced at Rs 4.95 Lakh
- The Toyota Etios Liva Xclusive diesel is priced at Rs. 6.05 Lakh
*Ex-showroom Delhi price
The Toyota Etios Xclusive costs Rs 6,000 more than the regular ‘G’ variant of the sedan while the Toyota Etios Liva Xclusive costs Rs 5,500 more.
The Xclusive package gives both the cars:
- A dual-tone interior trim instead of the single colour on the regular variants
- New seat fabrics
- A chrome accentuated gear knob
- The audio system now gets Bluetooth functionality
- Rear rear parking sensors a
- ‘Xclusive’ badging at the rear
Paint options include White, Simphony Silver and Classic Gray.
Engine and Transmission
The Toyota Etios Xclusive and Toyota Etios Liva Xclusive are powered by the same engines as their other variants:
- The Toyota Etios Xclusive gets a 1.5-litre petrol motor (88 BHP / 132 Nm / 17.6 KMPL) and a 1.5-litre diesel motor (67 BHP / 170 Nm / 23.59 KMPL).
- The Toyota Etios Liva Xclusive is powered by a 1.2-litre petrol engine (79 BHP / 104 Nm / 18.31 KMPL) and a 1.5-litre diesel motor ( 67 BHP / 170 NM / 23.59 KMPL)
Do you think the Xclusive editions of the Etios and the Etios Liva will attract more customers to Toyota showrooms? Let us know in the comments section below. Keep tuned in to Car Blog India for more news.