Volvo the dealers inform us that the new R-Deign body kits for S60 sedan and XC60 SUV are now officially available for sale. The Volvo S60 R-Design sedan and the Volvo XC60 R-Design SUV are available in D4 Summum variant. The R-Design trim gets minor cosmetic changes and and additional equipment. The car like all other Volvo shall be taking the Completely Built Units (CBU) route. Whether or not this will pull in more buyers, we let you decide as you go through the list of tweaks mentioned below.
Not surprisingly this moves comes just before the upcoming festive season in India. Volvo is yet to establish itself as a serious contender in any of the segments that we have here in our markets and maybe after a couple Kg’s of “mithais”, Indian buyers on a sugar rush might actually veer towards the Volvo dealerships.
- The S60 R-Design variant is available for sale at Rs 41.5 Lakh (ex-showroom Chennai) costlier by Rs 4.6 lakh than the D4 Summum variant.
- The XC60 R-Design variant is priced at Rs 53 Lakh (ex-showroom Chennai) costlier by Rs 5.25 lakh more than the D4 Summum trim.
So what do you get after shelling almost Rs 5 Lakh extra ? Here is the answer.
- A sporty looking R-Design body kit
- R-Design badge
- 18-inch-5 spoke, diamond-cut alloys
- Satin finished wing mirrors
- Passion Red paint job
- Steering wheel with paddle shifters
- New audio system
- Satellite navigation
- Rear view camera
Under the hood is a new 2.0 litre, four cylinder Drive-E engine that pumps out enhanced power output by 17 BHP at 180 BHP along with a peak torque of 400 Nm. The six-speed automatic transmission has been replaced with an eight-speed automatic gearbox.
What do you think of the SUV? Let us know in the comments section below.