After months of work, Nissan has unveiled the 2013 Pathfinder SUV. The first impression of the car is that it is completely new. What we mean by ‘new’ is that it features major improvements right from the exterior to the drivetrain. The makeover has rendered the car with a sleek and aerodynamically styled exterior, a more plush interior, a new unibody platform and an advanced drivetrain.
The 2013 Pathfinder is 500 pounds lighter than the outgoing model yet it maintains the true ruggedness and feel of the previous Pathfinder generations. Nissan claims the car can deliver 26 miles per gallon on the highway which converts to 11 KMPL. The fuel economy figure is a 30 % improvement over the 2012 Pathfinder and both the front wheel drive and four wheel drive versions offer class-leading mileage. Also The 2013 pathfinder has some great qualities including a best in its class standard towing capacity of 5000 pounds, an exclusive Around View Monitor etc.
Official Video: 2013 Nissan Pathfinder
“Unveiling our next-generation Nissan Pathfinder is a major follow-up to the introduction of the all-new Altima sedan. With its bold new design, best-in-class fuel economy and family adventure capabilities, our dealers can’t wait to share this new model with customers in their showrooms.” said Al Castignetti, vice president and general manager, Nissan Division, Nissan North America, Inc.
Key Features Of the 2013 Nissan Pathfinder
- One of the lightest SUVs in its class with FWD model weighing at 1881 kg and the 4WD weighing at 1945 kg
- New Aerodynamic design and a bold exterior styling
- 226 kg lighter than 2012 Pathfinder
- Next Generation Xtronic CVT (transmission)
- Unibody Contrustion that offers better structural rigidity, thereby improving ride and handling
- A panoramic dual-panel moon roof
- Accommodates 7 people at once
- Best-in-class in terms of front headroom, front leg room and overall passenger volume
- Only vehicle in its class with reclining 3rd row seats
- Advanced Drive-Assist Display with a 4 inch colour screen offering key information about the car
- Touch screen monitor for accessing various vehicle features and the available navigation system
- Class-exclusive features such as Easy Fill Tire Alert and Around View Monitor
- Leather-appointed seating
- Heated steering wheel
- Heated and cooled front seats
- Programmable Nissan Intelligent Key
- Nissan Navigation System
- Bluetooth Hands-free Phone System
- 13-speaker Bose Premium Audio system
- Satellite Radio
- Dual-Zone Climate Control
- Rear view Monitor
- Remote engine start
- Tri-zone entertainment system
Under the hood the 2013 Pathfinder equips an advanced 3.5 litre DOHC V6 engine mated to next generation Xtronic CVT. The engine delivers a max power output of 260 BHP. The car will go on sale in US during 2012 fall and the pricing will start at $28,270 (Rs. 15.65 lakh).
There is no word on the Pathfinder making its way to India, but it does make a good case for India, we will keep you posted on the latest updates, stay tuned to Car Blog India for more updates.