KTM 390 Duke 2015 model details emerge, as the first batch of bikes start reaching dealerships
If a recent report that has surfaced on the web world is anything to go by, units from the first batch of KTM 390 Duke 2015 model have started reaching the dealerships. The 2015 model Duke 390 features several updates, all of which come together to make the D390 even more desirable! While there isn’t any official word on the 2015 model Duke 390’s pricing, dealers have been reported to have hinted about an upcoming price hike. Other than bestowing the 373cc streetfighter with some subtle, but effective changes, KTM India has also increased the service interval for this bike from 5,000 kms to 7,500 kms.
So What’s New?
Among a list of updates, the KTM Duke 390 2015 model gets new LED trafficators, new handlebar grips and most importantly, a new slipper clutch! The addition of the slipper clutch will now ensure that the rear wheel doesn’t lock up, even with the most rapid downshifting! This should aid the riders with much more control over this hooligan.
Also new to the bike are updated LED turn signals with black borders. The bike also gets handlebar grips from the RC200/390. Also, the upside-down front forks, and the rear mono-suspension, now come with additional plastic cladding for dirt protection.
Here’s a complete list of changes for the new KTM 390 Duke 2015 model –
- Slipper clutch
- Revised front fender
- Rear fender made of stronger material
- Sealed indicators to prevent water seepage
- Revised radiator fan assembly
- Dust cover for rear shock absorber
- Flap protector for rear spring
- Stiffer front seat assembly
- Hand grips from the RC models
- Revised RHS switchgear
- Wider rear mud cover
- Increased height of chain cover
- New belly pan mounts
- Revised speedometer logic
- New damper for the silencer mount
- Increased spark plug gap (1 mm from 0.8 mm earlier)
- New connecting rod
- New sealed bearings
- New collar sprocket
- Oil seal output shaft diameter increased
KTM Duke 390 Pics
Via Motoroids and BikeAdvice