Mahindra & Mahindra has been strategically inclined towards each step they take after it bought appreciable stakes in the REVA and now after this important decision the time is to show the public what it can deliver. So to start with Mahindra has launched Mahindra REVAi in Hyderabad.
The launch has a lot of importance since it is the first launch by the company after Mahindra took over it. The REVAi is basically the same Reva which was on sale in India except for a few added features which add some charm to the former. The company also has plans to launch Reva NXG and Reva NXR but is nothing has been disclosed about the launch time.
“We are delighted to launch the Reva i in Hyderabad where there is already a great deal of interest in our vehicles.” said R. Chandramouli, chief of operations, Mahindra Reva.
Mahindra REVAi Features In India
The Reva i gets a few additional features, as compared to the older Reva which are as following:
- A “boost” mode for increased acceleration
- A “hill restraint” feature for driving down steep slopes
- Energy management system (EMS) which is a technology ensuring optimum performance and life from the battery
- Regenerative braking system to charge the battery while applying brakes or slowing down the car
- The car can travel up to 80 km on a single charge
- 7 seconds to accelerate from zero to 40 kmph
- Easy to drive with no gears and ideal car for congested roads
Mahindra REVAi Price In India
The company is ready to offer the car to a customer who could give the same an interest free refundable deposit of Rs. 1 lakh along with 36 monthly installment of Rs.8999 each, all summing up to Rs.3,23,964 and also a sum of Rs.50,000 at the end of the third year to take complete ownership of it. Or at the end of 3 years one can return the car and get Rs.1 Lakh back which he or she had paid initially.
The car is a bit too pricy even for a customers who is badly looking for a Zero Emission car and is concerned about our environment. So now we have to wait and watch how many if such cars are sold by the company.