While guesses are all over the place regarding the launch of the 2011 Maruti Swift which is yet to come to the Indian shores, the same is gathering a lot of appreciation in European markets. For what? The 2011 Swift has been voted as the most safe supermini in the UK with a 4 star NCAP rating.
The overall appearance of the car still remains almost the same but the thing which will matter now is the number of safety features taken into account which would eventually help the car raise the bar to a higher level.
What makes it safe? Let us look at the following things which make the car the safest supermini:
- The high tensile steel on which the Swift has been built is lighter and tougher at the same time.
- Driver and passenger airbags
- Added curtain airbags for preventing side impacts
- Crushable design of the bonnet, wings, wipers and front bumper for absorbing energy at the time of collision as well as to reduce pedestrian injury
- Brake Assist(Standard)
- A redesigned accelerator-brake-clutch arrangement for reduced leg injury in case of collision from front
- Seat belt pre tensioners
- Redesigned headrest compensating for visibility loss at the time of reversing
Disappointingly many of these features may not be offered with the model which will be introduced in our very market but we do hope to get some of these as standard. It will be offered in both MPFI petrol and CRDI diesel engine options and is supposed to surprise the customers yet again.