Mercedes-Benz India today consolidated its position in the performance SUV portfolio by launching the new Meredes G63 AMG Edition 463 and the new Mercedes GLS63 AMG in India. The launch of these two new models expands Mercedes-Benz’s SUV range to eight products, which is the highest in the luxury car market. While the new Mercedes G63 AMG Edition 463 has a sticker price of 2.17 crore, the new GLS63 AMG range costs Rs 1.58 crores onwards (all prices are ex-showroom, Pune).
The Mercedes G Wagon has been ‘G Wagen’ has been scintillating its valued patrons for almost four decades, since 1979, now. Even more than 37 years after its debut, every G is handcrafted at the carmaker’s facility in Graz, Austria. Even the 3 ton plus G63 AMG version is meticulously tested and handcrafted by AMG engineers.
Mercedes G63 AMG Edition 463 Specifications
|Max. Power||572 BHP @ 5,500 RPM|
|Peak Torque||760 Nm @ 5,000 RPM|
|Transmission||7-speed semi-automatic transmission|
Powering the new Mercedes G63 AMG Edition 463 is a supercharged 5.5-litre V8-engine that delivers 572 BHP @ 5,500 RPM and 760 Nm @ 5,000 RPM. The engine comes mated to a semi-automatic 7-speed transmission. These figures go on to ensure that the Mercedes G63 AMG Edition 463 goes on to accelerate from 0 to 100 KMPH in just 5.4 seconds. The car has an electronically limited top speed of 210 KMPH.
Other highlights include-
- Three 100% differential locks
- Off-road reduction gear
- Electronic Traction System 4ETS
- Load capacity of up to 2250-litres
- Towing capacity of up to 3500 KGs
Mercedes G63 AMG Edition 463 Features
- Black designo leather on dashboard
- 2-tone seats – designo black leather or designo light brown leather with side bolsters in black carbon leather
- 2-tone centre console – Colour-coordinated topstitching on dashboard, front and rear door handles, armrest, handbrake, seat covers and head restraints front and rear (matching the selected seat colour)
- AMG carbon-fibre trim
- designo Exclusive package
- Door centre panels in designo leather (in designo colour) with diamond quilting
- Stainless-steel underride guard
- AMG Sport strips on flanks
- Inserts in exterior protective strips in dark aluminium look
- 21-inch 5-twin-spoke light-alloy wheels in matt black with high-sheen rim flange
Speaking at the launch event, Roland Folger, Managing Director & CEO, Mercedes-Benz India said: “Our AMG portfolio has witnessed overwhelming success and we are thrilled to introduce two new performance SUVs– Mercedes-AMG G 63 ‘Edition 463’ and Mercedes-AMG GLS 63 to our performance luxury SUV range in India. Launched in India, for the first time in 2013, this iconic beast has been the vehicle of choice for our elite clientele and its timeless design remains fascinating till date. “One man, one engine” is more than a guiding philosophy for Mercedes-AMG, it’s a pedigree of performance. It is a testament brought to life during several years of gruesome off-roading and seamless track testing, that this particular engine – the 5.5 Litre, bi-turbo V8 engine has sublimely mastered. Both the Mercedes-AMG G 63 and the Mercedes-AMG GLS 63 have uniquely fulfilled the desires of those ardent enthusiasts, who believe in scintillating performance regardless of the terrain, time, temperature or topography. With the launch of these supreme performance SUVs, we now offer 9 AMG models in India.”
Stay tuned to CarBlogindia for latest news updates on the Mercedes G63 AMG Edition 463.