Categories: Car News

MG Motors to resume Bookings for the Hector from September 29!

MG Motors will be resuming bookings for the Hector from September 29 as the SUV is still in popular demand and MG does not want to turn their customers down in the festive season.

We had earlier reported that MG Motors will likely resume bookings for the Hector from October onwards, but now, we can confirm that the bookings of the Hector will again commence from September 29. MG Motors is primarily resuming bookings of the Hector because the SUV is still receiving great response and MG Motors do not want to turn down their customers, particularly in the festive season.

MG Motors to resume bookings for the Hector from September 29

MG Motors had also resorted to a temporary solution of adding prospective customers to a waiting list without taking bookings in an effort to not lose their customer base. While the general bookings would be resuming from September 29, MG Motors has already started converting the names in the waiting list to booking orders from yesterday.

Earlier, in an interview with carandbike, Rajeev Chaba, President & MD- MG Motor India had said, “There are lot of walk-in that’s been happening and is still happening as we speak and we have started adding them to our wait list without taking money. So whenever we would start, this wait list can be converted to bookings. So I am happy to say good problem to have that we have got 16,000 customers in our wait list now.”

That said, even though the bookings are being resumed, the waiting period on the Hector continues to be substantially long. Even the newly booked cars can be expected to be delivered by the end of this year or early next year. MG Motors had already sold 3,500 units of the Hector in the first two months but they had received bookings of over 28,000 in the same time period. Naturally, unable to meet the demand on the production side, they had to temporarily close the bookings.

Also Read : MG Motors To Ramp Up The Production Capacity Of The Hector

MG Motors is taking all measures to ramp up the production in order to be able to deliver the cars sooner. In context of production, Chaba said, “So on a single shift basis we can do 3000 units and we are evaluating the possibility of a second shift which we can start from November. We are just looking at suppliers’ capacity, in fact I’ve been meeting suppliers as well. Then we’re also looking at some imports of the part and hiring of one more batch for the second shift.”

Also Read : MG Motors Drops Teaser of the eZS Ahead of India Launch!

The MG Hector has proved to be a very popular SUV in the Indian market. With the bookings resuming very soon, we only expect the Hector to bring in more numbers for the brand. And rightfully so as the Hector is a very competent car with a range of powertrain options and features that defy the segment. The Hector competes against the likes of the Tata Harrier, Kia Seltos, and Hyundai Creta. Meanwhile, MG Motors is also working on a six-seater version of the Hector which is expected to arrive in our market by 2020.