Tata has never backed down when it comes to delivering fuel efficient vehicles. For the small car segment, it launched the Tata Indica eV2 which is the most fuel efficient hatchback in its class and today it launched another fuel efficient product but for the sedan segment. Named as Tata Indigo e-CS VX, the sedan delivers the highest mileage of 25 KMPL in its segment as per the certification by ARAI. The car carries the e-CS range one step ahead with the class leading features it comes equipped with.
The new CR4 CRDi Diesel engine has advanced to better refinement levels and the car comes equipped with a host of new features which together deliver the highest 25 KMPL of mileage. The diesel variant is lighter, has improved gear ratios and clutch-to-start feature. The same is also available in Petrol variant also but the diesel one certainly grabs your attention more. So which technologies bring such an amazing mileage figure?
They are as follows:
- SMART EMS (Engine Management System) CHIP that involves perfectly calibrating engine components every micro second to optimize functionality — right from valve timing to compression ratios, to pressure volume ratios, to air fuel mixture, flawlessly synchronizing every engine function to deliver 25 KMPL mileage.
- MAXIMUM CHARGE COMBUSTION – An innovatively designed engine head, block and piston assembly that ensures effective intake and circulation of charge (mixture of air and fuel), thereby minimizing pumping friction losses. The result is maximum combustion of charge, increased efficiency and power.
- DRAG REDUCTION – Redesigned wheel arches and subtle alterations on the exteriors, combined with a lighter shell and engine, have collectively contributed to making the car more aerodynamic, reducing the drag coefficient.
- TRANSAXLE (Gear Box) – With optimized Gear ratios to give best fuel efficiency and drivability together.
- TYRES – For drag / rolling losses reduction, optimized tyres were developed which provide low rolling losses coupled with good riding comfort and handling.
Tata Indigo e-CS VX Sedan Specifications
- Length 3,988 mm
- Width 1,620 mm
- Height 1,540 mm
- Wheelbase 2,450 mm
- Ground clearance 165 mm
- Diesel CRDI CR4 BS4 – 1105-1110 kg
- Petrol MPFi BS4 – 1065-1070 kg
Diesel CR4 BS4 – LS, LX, VX
- Type : Common Rail CR4, 16-valve, DOHC
- Engine Capacity: 1396cc
- Maximum Power: 70PS @ 4000rpm
- Maximum Torque: 140Nm @ 1800-3000rpm
Petrol MPFi BS4 – GLS, GLX, GVX
- Type: MPFI Petrol engine with 32-bit microprocessor
- Engine Capacity: 1193cc
- Maximum Power: 65PS @ 5000rpm
- Maximum Torque: 100Nm @ 2700rpm
Seating Capacity: Five
- Type: 5 forward, 1 reverse
- Front Suspension: Independent McPherson strut with Coil Spring
- Rear Suspension: Independent 3-link McPherson strut with Antiroll Bar
- Capacity: 42 litres
Trunk Capacity: 380 litres
- Type: Rack and pinion type with collapsible steering column
- Turning Radius: 5.0 m
- Type: Vacuum assisted, independent dual circuit, diagonal split hydraulic brakes through tandem master cylinder
- Front Brakes: Ventilated Disc
- Rear Brakes: Drum
- Type: Radial
- Size: 175/65 R14
Tata Indigo e-CS VX Sedan Features
- Alloy Wheels
- Wooden Centre Console
- Keyless Entry
- Bluetooth Connectivity
- Rear Centre Armrest
- Collapsible Steering Wheel
Tata Indigo e-CS VX Sedan Price
For owners who wish to use the car for private purpose it comes with a warranty of 18 months and unlimited Kms.
- The Tata Indigo e-CS VX CRDI Diesel Variant is priced at Rs. 5.80 lakh (ex-showroom Delhi)
- The Tata Indigo e-CS GVX MPFI Petrol is priced at Rs. 4.97 lakh (ex-showroom Delhi)
check out more-